Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2011, 03:40 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,606,598 times

Advertisements

K2 HardSide Alpine Skis

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I have been using K2 skis for probably 20 years. They are great product and continue to improve every year. These particular K2 skies are light weight but heavy enough to not bounce around. They have a great turning radius, which makes them perfect for steep hills and moguls. I've also noticed that they are very flexible for the different skiing conditions we have had to endure. When it's powder snow the skis stay very stable and plow right through it. They seem to press down a little bit more into the heavier packing snow or very icy snow after a bit of a thaw. The K2s also come in a variety of lengths and can be fitted to whatever length and level you are as a skier. Your boots clip very easily into them and are very easy to get off with a ski pole, but they don't fall off very easily if you happen to have a big fall on the snow. The skis seem very reliable and haven't broken or had trouble with the bindings. They are also very nice looking skis. Mine are red and white but you can special order other colors. Other skis in its class are a little less expensive but don't seem to have the same reputation as the K2s. Rossignal is another nice ski brand and it sells a similar ski in the same price range of $600. The main difference is the Rossignals are a bit wider along the top of the skis, which I think makes it harder to turn on the difficult moguls. The Rossignals are probably a little bit nicer looking and for sure come in a bigger variety of colors. I would still always go with the K2s even if I was renting a cheaper version of them.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews