Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2011, 03:40 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,605,378 times

Advertisements

Victorinox Forged 6-Piece Steak Knife Set

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

My husband and I got the Victorinox Forged 6-Piece Steak knife set as a wedding present, from friends who knew how much we loved steak, and loved serving it when we had company over. What those friends didn't know was that I had been looking for a new steak knife set - but I needed a good one. We do love eating and serving steak quite often, and I was getting sick and tired of going into our drawer to find good steak knives only to find that they had become rusty or broken, or otherwise unusable. I was sick of the cheap $20 sets that I had been buying, and wanted a really good quality knife set that I would never have to worry about when I had to reach into that drawer.

I didn't know this at the time, but Victorinox is the same company that made the Original Swiss Army knife, so you know it's going to be a good name in knives. This set comes with six steak knives that each has a high carbon stainless steel blade and has been put through an ice tempering process to ensure that they maintain their sharpness even longer. And I actually thought that the triple riveted handles on each knife in the set was for the purpose of ensuring that the blade was made stronger. But once I opened the box, I soon learned that these rivets help balance out the weight and make the knife feel more comfortable in your hand. Plus, the handles are also molded over plastic, which means that I'll never have to worry about the handles cracking or becoming separated from the blade, yet another problem I often had with my cheap steak knives.

I've had this set for four years now and still have not had a problem with a spot of rust appearing anywhere on the blade or anywhere else. And I also don't ever have to worry about them being broken when I go to find them. Today you can find this set of steak knives online for about $250. But I suspect that when our friends bought them for us four years ago, they paid well over $300 or even $400 for them. And I have to say, I'm extremely thankful for my set of steak knives that I never would have bought for myself!

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews