Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2011, 03:40 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,606,598 times

Advertisements

Cuisinart SmartPower Premier 600-Watt Blenders

Rating: 2 out of 5
  • Currently 2.0/5.0

I was recently shopping in a major retail department store looking for a top of the line blender because I was tired of the old Oyster blender that I had at home. The old blender couldn't crush ice like I wanted it to. I love to make daiquiris, margaritas, and smoothies with my blender so I needed something with power, a lot of power. The Cuisinart SmartPower Premier 600-Watt Blender model (CBT-500) was exactly what I was looking for.

The Cuisinart SmartPower blender has a heavy die-cast metal base with a large wide mouth 50 oz. glass jar which is made with the kind of quality you would expect from a great company like Cuisinart. This motor is extremely powerful and offers two speed options (high and low) and an ice crush button with a digital timer which I find is a feature that is not really needed. Besides making my daiquiris, margaritas, and smoothies I also use my blender to make soups and salad dressings. It is also great for purees and large chopping jobs. This is a very large blender and it is very heavy so you won't want to use it for simple jobs like chopping onions or garlic. The glass jar is really sturdy and the blades really chop through anything, however, pouring your liquids out is another story. The wide mouth pour spout makes for a messy job and you will lose some of your liquids in the process which will make you want to throw this product under the counter top and never take it out again. What I try to do is pour out my liquids at the corner of the jar and in my kitchen sink to eliminate the mess as much as possible.

Overall this is a high powered, great looking, sturdy blender that I wish I never purchased. It gets the job done and makes great drinks and does everything you want a blender to do. However, the Cuisinart SmartPower Premier 600-Watt Blender model (CBT-500) is a great disappointment when you try to remove the liquids you just perfectly blended. I would not give or recommend this blender to anyone and it gets a 2 star rating out 5 from me.

Nirra Poret

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews