U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2011, 05:37 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,676,977 times

Advertisements

Insinkerator Evolution Excel 1.0 HP Food Waste Disposer

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I recently purchased one of these disposal units to replace the cheap model that came pre-installed in my new home. One of the more expensive disposers on the market, with a list price of $625.00, it performs at a level one would expect of a top-of-the-line model.

First impression of this unit is its sleek and streamlined appearance. The housing is made of brushed stainless steel, and the unit as a whole is quite heavy. It was advertised as having a simple-to-install "Quick Lock" system, but we experienced some difficulties mounting it under our sink. The sheer bulk of the unit makes it difficult to maneuver and get lined up properly. We actually did not lock it on tight enough the first time we attempted installation, and within a week the vibration of the unit managed to jiggle itself loose enough that we had to go back in and re-tighten the fixtures. Once properly tightened, the unit does not vibrate at all.

Outside of installation difficulties, this disposer is fantastic. It operates extremely quietly and emits little more than a low humming noise. The motor power is superb as well. With our previous disposal I was nervous to put anything more than vegetables and other soft kitchen waste into it, but this unit easily demolishes anything we put into it, including chicken and pork bones. Documentation for the disposal states it uses a 3-stage grinding system, which reduces kitchen waste to a liquefied state (so you don't need to worry about clogs).

The peace of mind I get from this unit alone is worth the sticker price. I can feed virtually anything into it, and it will dispose of the waste quietly and efficiently with no risk of clogging up my sink. For cooking enthusiasts like my husband and I, this is a wonderful appliance and I will never go back to cheap, noisy disposals ever again.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 08:38 AM

448 posts, read 964,138 times
pd 329.00 for mine i love it. it's so quiet you don't even know its running sometimes. i shove everything down it to and it takes it all. iv'e never seen a disposal that could handle corn cobs heck this one sucks em down no problems banna peel to
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews