U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2011, 02:34 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,901,332 times

Advertisements

Polar FT60

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

The Polar FT60 is an amazing heart rate monitor. But it isn't only limited to that, it counts calories as well and is able to tell you how fit you are. It can even act as a personal trainer because it can check your level of fitness accurately and prescribe possible training zones. It can tell you if you're working too hard or not and if you need to speed up a bit. For any fitness nut like me, always knowing that I'm performing at the optimal level is a big deal. The polar FR60 lets me do just that. For my cardio workout, I always need to know that I'm at optimal heart rate for fat loss and that I don't go too hard or too slow that I might break out of that zone. That's why I always have the heart rate monitor on me every time I do cardio.
This heart rate monitor also has a lot of training features so the added guide when working out is always a good thing. Batteries are also replaceable so I never have to turn it in when it runs out. This is always convenient because it saves me a lot of time and I don't have to work out without it.
One down side to the product though is that you can't upload the data to a computer unless you purchase a PolarFlow link for $50. This can seem like an unnecessary expense but if you like being able to save your data on the computer or upload it to the web then you might want to consider this.
For anyone who likes fitness gadgets this item is a must have. The accuracy of the measurements it is able to do alone is worth the price. Although for those who aren't really after the other features it has it can seem a bit too pricy for a heart rate monitor since its sitting at $215.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews