U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2011, 02:34 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,864,540 times

Advertisements

Pro-Form Live Exercise Bike

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I recently purchased my second exercise bike and decided to go with the Pro-Form Live model. Pro-Form is a large manufacturer of exercise equipment and I've had success using their products in the past. I purchased the Pro-Form Live at a retail price of $1699. I regularly exercise 4-6 times per week and was looking for a bike that could handle heavy usage and last awhile. There are cheaper entry level bikes on the market, but those would not have met my needs.

The Pro-Form Live came with an industry standard 5-year warranty on the frame and 90 days parts and labor. When I tried it out at the store it was a good fit and comfortable much like the more expensive bikes you would find at a local gym. When on an exercise bike I enjoy doing steady paced workouts as well as interval training, which require a change of speed and resistance on a frequent basis. The Pro-Form Live was able to accommodate both types of workouts with ease.

The bike does operate on a chain drive so it is very quiet and smooth. The handlebars are non-slip and have an ergonomic design, which cuts down on fatigue and discomfort. It also has a water bottle holder right between the handlebars in a convenient location. You can also simulate an uphill ride and a downhill ride as the bike has a 20 degree incline and decline.

The coolest feature is the iFit Live, which is powered by Google maps. I can select any kind of terrain I choose using Google maps and the bike automatically adjusts to the terrain on the map. The incline, decline, and resistance all adjust according to the map chosen. This certainly keeps the workout more interesting and makes the time fly by. In all, the Pro-Form Live bike is a great workout and quality piece of equipment.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews