Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2011, 02:55 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,606,598 times

Advertisements

Whirlpool Gas Range WFG374LVS

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I bought the Whirlpool Gas Range just over a year ago. It was extremely easy to install and is an attractive addition to our kitchen. The Whirlpool Gas Range has five burners and has been able to handle every cooking task I have attempted. One feature I especially enjoy is the continuous cast iron grates. They are fairly easy to remove and to clean, but most importantly, they span the entire top of the stove leaving no gap or recess in the middle. This allows the user to slide pots and pans around the stove and to other burners without having to lift them. The gas range has been very energy efficient, and though a common complaint of gas ranges is the consistency in temperature, with a little bit of use, the Whirlpool has given us very accurate temperatures for the range and the oven. The AccuSimmer burner allows a more precise range of temperature for keeping items warm. The temperature is consistent and the display panel with clock and timer are relatively easy to navigate. We have enjoyed the clock feature, and the timer is very easy to use. We even use the display panel light as a kitchen night light. Occasionally, though, we will accidentally push some combination of buttons that will cause the lockout feature to engage. It usually takes a few minutes to figure out how to disengage it. I also have had a little trouble keeping the stove top clean. I have had other stoves that didn't allow spills to set in quite as much as they do on the Whirlpool. Even when the spill is noticed immediately and attended to directly, they can still be hard to get up. The overall quality and ease of use are outstanding, as you would expect from a Whirlpool appliance.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 11:40 AM

1 posts, read 5,093 times
I'm glad to see that the professional reviewer had one that actually worked. In real life my experience has not been so easy. This was a great range in the store but the once we got home it has not worked since the delivery and install. The broil functions keeps shutting off within 7-10 secs, the gas still is pumping out and filling the cooking area with gas (Ka-boom) We have had an authorized repair person here 5 times, replaced parts once and it still is not working. Now we are told that we need a repairman authorized of course to come out three times for adjustments, we've done that. And three times to replace parts, we've only had this once. So in trying to schedule a second and third service call for parts installation they have switched the service company and that person is going to come and then order parts then come back with the part and install it and hope it works. We live in a hard to get to area and the service people only come when they have enough work to justify them coming, so I've got a gas bomb in the kitchen and I have to wait around for help. I am not a happy cooker. Anyone else have this problem?

Old 08-10-2012, 04:00 PM

1 posts, read 4,674 times
Angry Whirlpool is horrible!

We bought a gas range three years ago, and the other day we couldn't turn off a burner.
A Whirlpool technician couldn't fix it without a new part (by now we've already paid $240), and then the new part--a simple gas valve--turned out to be back-ordered.

Our other stove, a Kitchen Aid, has worked for 16 years without a problem.

Whirlpool not only can't make a quality product any more, it looks like they're not ready to fix it either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews