U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2011, 12:22 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,790,149 times

Advertisements

George Foreman Next Grilleration Grill with Removable Plates

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I was a skeptic about this grill. The entire idea seemed sort of goofy to me. Now, following consuming a perfectly cooked salmon fillet this afternoon, I wonder why anybody who does not have the room for a conventional grill would go with out 1 of these creatures. The cooking was easy and also the cleanup was tremendously simple using the removable plates. Needless to say, you don't get a few of the wonders of a actual grill: that smokey flavor, the capability to cook big quantities of food all at as soon as, and, needless to say, gathering about this grill with a couple of pals and talking and drinking although you cook is fairly awkward. But what a fantastic item!

I believe this is really a fantastic gift for anybody living in an apartment. Parents, if you are sending your children off to college and you would like a method to encourage them to eat much more healthily and cheaply, this grill appears like a actual great nudge in that direction.

I adore the grill, but I need to note that clean up certainly requirements to be carried out instantly. Otherwise, it gets truly difficult. Also, I've already place a minute scratch within the non-stick. And, although it cooks fish extremely nicely, it appears to retain a fishy odor. Component of this might indicate a require to be particularly diligent in cleaning not just the removable plates but the edges of the grill. I didn't notice splatter at initial on those parts, however it certainly has had some splatter. This is really a bit much more awkward to clean up, particularly because the exposed grill parts stay extremely hot for a lengthy time. Still, overall, understanding what I know now, I would still happily make the buy. Pleased grilling!

The 1 factor that would enhance this grill could be an on/off switch. I believe I get why the original 1 didn't have a switch--the makers didn't want you washing it over a sink although it was still plugged in. But with removable plates, this is no longer a concern. You are able to most likely get an on/off switch to plug the grill into fairly cheaply at a hardware retailer, which would remove the sparking that occasionally occurs whenever you unplug it. Otherwise, extremely pleased with it!

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews