U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2011, 12:23 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,790,149 times

Advertisements

Nirve Starliner Women's Hybrid Cruiser Bike

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

This bike was my first new bike in probably fifteen years. I don't remember exactly when I purchased my old ten-speed bike, but I had it in college and am now the mom of three small children. I bought the bike because we recently moved to a house that abuts a great neighborhood park with a biking trail and I wanted to ride with my two older children. This has been great for my health, but has also been a really fun way to spend time with my kids.

I spent more for this bike (about $420) then I had been planning to, but when I was shopping for bikes, this one struck me as being so much better made than a lot of the less espensive bikes I looked at. For the quality of construction, it was also surprisingly light. I'm very small, so that was a big factor for me.

On the topic of my size (five feet tall), this bike is a very comfortable ride for a smaller woman. The high handlebars make it possible to sit up fairly straight, which is a big plus if you have lower back issues, as I do. At the same time, I'm able to stop and stand very comfortably with this frame. The seat is also very comfortable and well-cushioned.

My only quibble with this bike is actually not really a problem with the bike itself. The only drawback to this bike, for me, is that it's probably more bike than I actiually will ever need. There are seven gears, which make it possible to ride on all kinds of grades and terrain, but I really only ride on the bike trail. I suppose I might one day take it somewhere where I'll need more gears, but so far I've only used two or three. That being said, I consider the higher price to be paying for the quality of construction and the longevity of the bike, not for the versatility.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews