U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2011, 12:23 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,790,149 times

Advertisements

GE Profile side by side refrigerator Model 25

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

We purchased our GE Profile Refrigerator Freezer 4 years ago when our old one finally gave up. We have black model 25, it is a side by side and it has an automatic ice maker and water dispenser.

I had seen a Kenmore at a comparable price but, this one was slightly larger. There are a few things I really love about my refrigerator. We have had several power outages since we bought it. It did a wonderful job of keeping the food cold and the frozen food frozen. Many of our neighbors with older models had their milk and meat spoil but, ours did just fine. It is easy to clean and it is easy for the kids to get what they want without making a big mess. The outside has the no fingerprint front. I didn't think much about it until I saw a stainless steel model with hand and finger prints all over the door. The kitchen looks more polished without fingerprints.

There is one bothersome issue I don't like about my Profile Refrigerator; and it's the water dispenser. It dispenses water and ice without a problem. It is the spill shelf that really gives me trouble. I try my best to keep the water out of the bottom of the dispenser but, I still have issues with the grate that covers that spill shelf. I really have to scrub the concave part of the machine and the grate is no exception. Just after 4 years the chrome coating on the grate has worn off from washing it. It looks dull and dirty. I suppose I could get a replacement part but, the refrigerator isn't that old.

I realize this might not be a big deal to some households but, I would like that grate to shine.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews