Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2011, 03:51 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,558,001 times

Advertisements

Sony MDR-Z1000 Sound Monitoring Headphones (Black)

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I recently received the Sony MDR-Z1000 headphones as a gift. I am fanatical about listening to music for approximately 1-2 hours per evening to relax, and I require headphones both to block out surrounding noise and to allow me to enjoy high quality music without interfering with my family's television viewing. They are actually professional level headphones, but I use the headphones purely for my personal enjoyment and not for any professional need.

The noise-cancelling feature is better than other headphones I've owned. Even before I turn the music on, once the headphones are in place, surrounding noise is drastically quieted. Once the music is on, I can not hear outside noise at all. I feel this protects my hearing, because I can listen to my music at a much lower volume without interference.

The sound quality is also exceptional. Tones are very well-balanced and full, and there is none of the distortion or vibration that I've experienced with other headphones. I've also used them with the cord adapter for my iPod and the quality is much better than other headphones. Audio books are particularly clear.

The cord is quite long, almost 10 feet. I considered wireless headphones to eliminate the cord altogether but have not been able to find a set that is at the quality level I prefer. The cord length on these headphones is long enough that I didn't have to rearrange my furniture and I can sit comfortably without tugging at the cord.

The headphones are very comfortable and fit well. The earpads are thick and do not pinch at all. I would have liked them to be replaceable, but hopefully I won't have a need.

Without question, these are the best headphones I have used. The cost was expensive at $700, but the superior quality of sound and the outstanding noise-cancelling ability make them worth the money.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews