U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2011, 01:26 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,805,509 times

Advertisements

Canon MF4370DN ImageClass Laser Printer

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

My husband and I purchased this printer approximately 8 months ago to replace a similar HP laser printer we'd owned for several years that suddenly decided to die on us. As both of us use our home computers for work on a daily basis, it is absolutely imperative for us to have a quality and reliable printer at home.

My early impressions of this printer have been very positive. It was easy to set up and configure to our network, and generally seems easier to use than our old HP. The paper tray can fit an entire package of paper at once. The feeder seems to work very well and I have yet to experience any kind of paper jam with this machine. This printer doubles also as a copier and fax machine, which can be handy on occasion. While we primarily use it for black and white, this unit also has very good color image quality and I've been quite satisfied with its performance the few times I've used it to print digital photos and other color projects. It prints quickly as well and is very quiet while in operation. I have not used the scanning or copying features very much yet, but it seems pretty straight forward and simple to operate.

The only drawback of this unit is that it uses a single toner cartridge. If you're like us and primarily do only one type of printing, you're bound to use up either the black and white or color before the rest of the cartridge is empty. With the price of toner cartridges, this can be a serious problem- resulting in a lot of waste and extra expense. Fortunately the cartridge is large, and I expect it will last us quite a while- but in a high usage environment this would be a serious flaw.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews