Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2011, 01:27 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,606,598 times

Advertisements

KitchenAid Artisan Series Stand Mixer

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I purchased the KitchenAid Artisan Series Stand Mixer one month ago and am quite pleased with the quality and performance of this machine. The machine is a dark yellow color and although there are a number of new colors out on the market I chose yellow to compliment my kitchen décor. This is one of the best mixers I have ever had due to the dynamics of the mixer. It is great for kneading dough and even mixing the stiffer and tougher dough, which is why I purchased the Artisan Mixer instead of the Classic KitchenAid mixer.
This mixer is great for heavy tasks. I have found that the mixer not only kneads dough timely and of good performance but it is also able to whip egg whites or mix heavy cream into whipping cream. I am very satisfied with the overall performance of the Artisan workhorse. The attachments that come with the mixer are wonderful. There is a flat beater, a whisk and a dough hook. My original reason for buying this machine was for the dough hook and kneading capabilities.
A couple of downsides with the mixer are the price and the warranty. The mixer was $300 which is quite a bit more than the classic KitchenAid stand up mixer or some other name brand models but in mixers I have found that you get what you pay for. The mixer is powerful and in terms of price is well worth it due to the power you get when using the machine. The warranty for this model is only one year but the KitchenAid name is quality and this brand machine does not typically break down. Another con is the heaviness of the machine. If you are looking for something light weight this is not the machine to buy. It is quite heavy but not out of the ordinary for stand-up models.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews