U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2011, 02:18 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,530,733 times

Advertisements

Haier Appliances HUF168PB Frost Free Upright Freezer Freezers

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

We purchased this commercial freezer through Southern Foods as part of a grocery delivery service. Since were were purchasing several months of frozen food items at a time, we needed a high-quality freezer to protect our investment.

We kept it in the garage so that the delivery person could refill it while we were at work. The garage had no climate control and temperatures in the garage ranged from 120 degrees F in summer to 15 degrees F in winter. Despite these extreme conditions, I never had any problem with the freezer's function and food stayed frozen even in the hottest weather. I didn't need to adjust the thermostat at all; the freezer kept the correct temperature regardless of external conditions. I did notice more frosting during the summer months, particularly when I accessed the freezer more frequently.

The capacity of this freezer was outstanding. We typically ordered a six-month supply of frozen meat, vegetables and fruits, snacks, pizza and prepared foods, juice, etc. from the grocery delivery service. All of this food fit into the freezer with room to spare. I once stored all of the meat for a 300-guest company cookout in it. I have absolutely no complaints about the size or function of the freezer.

The locking mechanism was a handy feature. Since the freezer was in the garage there was potential for theft, particularly because we lived in a less affluent part of the city. Additionally, I kept a lot of treats for my son in the freezer, and the lock kept him from helping himself to extra snacks.

The shelf structure was another benefit to this freezer. The shelves were spaced widely enough to stack as many as six pizzas on each shelf. The door shelves could easily hold 15-20 bags of frozen vegetables. The drawer at the base was excellent for storing packages of meat and it pulled easily for easy access.

This freezer was a great investment and I'd readily buy it again.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews