Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2011, 03:18 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,543,281 times

Advertisements

Bellwood Electric Stove Heater Model BES--1400C

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I received my Bellwood Electric Stove Heater Model BES--1400C last year as a Christmas present, and I love it. I had been looking for an attractive space heater/electric fireplace for some time, and this fit the bill. It is black metal and measures 28 inches high by 22 inches wide and 12 inches deep. It looks like a wood burning stove with the flames going, but of course it is all electric. I bought it at a store and there was very little assembly to do. The only difficult part of getting it home was the size of the box. It is too heavy for one person to carry, but the box is not really large enough for two people to carry comfortably. The best way to move it around is with a dolly.

There are easy on/off switches on the top of the stove that are hidden from sight. One switch lets you set it for flame effect only, and you can sit back and enjoy the cozy feeling of a fireplace without the heat. Or you can set it on high heat or low heat. It will definitely heat a room and contributes to lower heating bills. My bills have gone down dramatically. It is easy to operate and to replace the flame effect bulbs. I have had it over a year now and have not had to replace the bulbs yet.

I can honestly say it has added value to my living room. I love it and use it all the time in the winter. Friends always comment on how attractive it is. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who has limited space and wants a space heater that resembles a fireplace and is looking for a way to cut energy costs.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews