Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2011, 02:18 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,607,942 times

Advertisements

Bosch SHU6806UC

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

We have had the stainless steel Bosch SHU6806UC for six years since we moved into our house. We didn't choose the product ourselves because the house was built with it. Prior to moving in, however, we heard that Bosch makes the best dishwashers so we were pleased to be getting one. Overall, the product has done a really good job. We don't have to scrape dishes clean prior to turning it on. We can put a dish with small amounts of food particles and sauce into it and the dish will come out very clean. The design is attractive and it has a lot of nice dish washing options for delicate cycles, pot scrubbing, etc. Dishes are clean within an hour, which is also nice. A few problems that I could point out is the plastic pieces inside the unit don't always hold up heavy dishes that well and the unit for holding silverware is hard to put back in when emptying the dishwasher. Early on we had a few problems with the dishwasher not draining water but a repairman from Bosch came out quickly and was able to fix the problem in less than 20 minutes. The other problem we had was the side piece came undone and water was leaking out of it. Again, it was fixed quickly. If we could add one nice feature to the product it would be a drying device inside of some sort. I have to dry dishes with a towel almost every time I use the dishwasher unless I leave the dishes inside the unit to dry for an hour after they are finished being washed. The KitchenAide and some of the other competing products offer the drying option. As far as pricing we can't really rate the product but have heard it is one of the most expensive in its class.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews