Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2011, 02:36 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

GE Profile gas range, model PGB910SEMSS

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

Had a new home built recently and chose the GE Profile gas range, model PGB910SEMSS for my kitchen oven and am glad I did. This is a gas range that operates as a convection oven which is great for cooking and preparing meals. The performance is excellent and I really have no complaints about this machine. The design is very appealing to the eye and comes in stainless steel only. If you are looking for white or black appliances this range is not available in those colors but only in stainless. So far the range has performed wonderfully for me in terms of baking, broiling, simmering, and cooking. The quick heating features of the burners are great for preparing soups or other quick meals.
The range has a lot of features but is still easy and efficient to use. There is a center oval burner that keeps things warm while you are preparing other items and the warming drawer is another nice feature. The machine itself is expensive but comes with a lot of rather unique features. I paid $1,500 from a local appliance store that had the range listed at suggested retail pricing. The only negative review I have of this machine, other than the price tag, is the fragile and less than sturdy burner caps. Although I have not chipped any of the burner caps, I can see how they could chip easily and after reading other reviews of this range I see that it is a common complaint.
Overall I am quite pleased with the range in terms of performance and design. The sleek and stylish look of this gas range goes perfect in my modern kitchen. I would recommend this range to anyone who is not overly concerned with price and wants a gas range with some unique features and capabilities.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews