U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2011, 02:37 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,785,650 times

Advertisements

Step2 Naturally Playful Playhouse Climber & Swing Extension

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

We have another, smaller Step2 play set that we purchased a few years ago, when our oldest son was a toddler. We now use it for our youngest daughter, who is one. We wanted to purchase something larger and a little more elaborate for the older kids, since they had outgrown the smaller set, and since we had been really pleased with Step2, we leaned toward the brand for this purchase.

Like the other set we own, this one is constructed mostly of very sturdy molded plastic. We really prefer that over metal or wood sets for safety reasons. It's also very aesthetically pleasing.

This set has a very nicely sized castle or fort area, with a door and windows. Our kids probably play in there more than anywhere else on the set. The slide is a generous size, and is great for a pretty wide age range. The two swings are a good size as well and very sturdy, comfortable and well made.

The set is a little cumbersome to put together, as was the smaller one, but if you pretty much ignore the instructions booklet and go with what makes sense, it's a little easier. It took my husband and I just over an hour to put it together.

We really like the way the colors blend into our back yard. They aren't too garish at all, and just seem to blend in better.

One thing I will say is that after three months or so, we dug some holes and poured concrete to stabilize the swing extension a little bit better. Really rigorous swinging will cause the legs to lift and shimmy, although we have never had any accidents or incidents because of this.

I think this set is a very nice alternative to some of the pricier products of this type. We're really pleased.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews