Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2011, 02:38 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,558,001 times

Advertisements

Canon MP620 All-in-One Printer

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

The Canon MP620 all-in-one printer is designed for the small office, combining printer, scanning, and copying functions into one relatively compact design. It features a large pop-up LED control panel, two paper feeds, and a flatbed scanner design. It also has wireless capability. After using this printer for several months, I have found many things to enjoy about it, but also several sources of frustration.
The most positive feature is the quality of its printing. Color photo prints come out beautifully. The model offers a wide variety of selection options for its printing, copying, and scanning features. By selecting from the buttons on the control panel, you can manually make many adjustments to size, color, and number of copies. The printer is a good size -- it doesn't dominate your workspace.
On a less positive note, there are several problems I have with the model-- or at least my particular printer. One of the most frustrating is the speed with which it uses up the ink in its cartridges. This model uses a total of five ink tanks. Replacements are frequent and expensive.
I have yet to successfully hook up my computer and printer to achieve a wireless interface. That may be at least partially a reflection upon my lack of technical skills, but the directions are less than intuitive. I have also experienced some difficulties with the scanner function at times. The interface between the printer's scanner function and my computer seems a bit glitchy. There is also not adequate scanner and photos-editing software, in my opinion.
In summary, the Canon MP620 offers a nice feature set, but it fails sometimes in the execution. For a non-technical person like myself, dealing with this model can be frustrating. It is expensive to operate. But if you can get past these deficits, it does produce beautiful scans, copies, and color prints.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews