U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2011, 07:06 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,526,855 times

Advertisements

Monitor Audio Silver RS6 loudspeaker

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

For a pretty good pair of speakers these are not really that expensive. Hi-End sound systems for home theatre use normally go for a couple of thousand. These, however, are selling at $1,000 which is relatively cheap for these kinds of speakers.
These speakers are able to present sound as they should be heard and do not deviate from neutrality. For their price range it is common to expect a number of flaws, but the RS6s do splendidly well and perform with almost no flaws at all.
The soundstage that the speakers are able to present was amazing and quite unexpected. Listening to well recorded songs, you can estimate the distance a singer is from the mic or the instruments around him/her. Orchestral music was also very clear and it was easy to discern each instrument playing form the group. The silver RS6 were best made for listening to jazz music though. The instruments were very cleanly presented and the quality of the sound did not distort even if you crank up the volume a bit.
The bass was also amazing for a speaker of this price range. There was very low distortion and it was fast and tight. Most speakers tend to become boomie and the quality of the bass seems "broken" at higher volumes.
My end verdict would be that these speakers are amazing for the price point. If we are talking about a quality per price ratio of all the speakers out there this one would be up there with the best of them. Undeniably the best semi budget speakers available and probably the best entry level stereophile speakers.

I decided that I would definattly have to own these once the come down in price a bit, and are cheaper to have installed in my home.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews