Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2011, 07:06 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,625,907 times

Advertisements

Brother*CS6000i

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I have been looking for a sewing machine for a long time. I wanted to give it to my mother as a gift, but I didn't just want to get any old cheap sewing machine. I wanted the best, for after all it was going to be a gift. Quality was important to me so I made sure that what I got had a solid build so that it didn't vibrate too much and become too noisy. The repetitive sound of a sewing machine can get very annoying sometimes so I needed one that wasn't like that. I was also looking for one with a fairly long warranty since with these machines it is really important that repair options are easy when it breaks down.
I picked the Brother 6000i an electronic sewing machine. It is a bit expensive because it's electronic, but this should make it easier to use. It has a one step button hole which is great and it is able to deliver consistent stitches. It has a basic walking attachment which is included and it is light weight. The LCD screen is a bit small though, but it isn't really a problem if you have good eyesight or wear glasses.
This was a very good purchase value wise. All the features and the things that came along with the item were well worth the price. With other sewing machines, for example, the foot walking attachment has to be bought separately, but for this one it was included in the purchase already. It just can't get any better than that value wise.
The price is also relatively good at $190 compared to the other machines in the same price range. This is definitely one of the better midrange sewing machines in the market right now.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews