Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2011, 07:06 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,606,598 times

Advertisements

Mr. Coffee FTX41 12-Cup Programmable Stainless Steel Coffeemaker

Rating: 2 out of 5
  • Currently 2.0/5.0

We got this as a wedding gift two years ago and were thrilled with the looks of it when we took it out, but the design and function don't live up to the appearance. It looks so pretty and contemporary there on the counter, but the coffeemker has lots of problems.

For one thing, we had a hard time programming the thing. Maybe we're not technically savvy enough, but it just seemed a little more complicated than most programmable coffeemakers.

We did like the fact that it has a readout that will tell you how old the coffee is. My husband works at home, so I often come home to a hot pot of coffee that is actually several hours old and undrinkable. It's kind of a small thing, considering that I could just ask my husband when he made the coffee, but we thought that feature was handy.

It didn't take us long, though, to stop programming it to have the coffee ready when we woke up. Several times, we woke up to a great smell of coffee, but no coffee in the pot because it was all over the counter and floor. Apparently, we had the pot off kilter just enough to not line up properly with the dispenser, but we could never figure out why or how or if it wasn't positioned right. The only way to tell was when it was too late. That alone made me want another machine.

The coffee that this coffeemaker turns out is good enough, but making the coffee and dealing with the machine pretty much negated any pleasure we got out of the coffee itself. It's also very bulky and awkward, especially when cleaning it or filling the coffeemaker with water. There are many better machines out there at this price.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews