U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2011, 10:13 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,792,371 times

Advertisements

Honeywell HFD010 QuietClean Air Purifier Tower

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

This sleek unit lists at $99.99 and is very well made for such a reasonably priced purifier. After researching a number of purifiers in this mid-priced range, Honeywell's QuietClean seemed like the best mix of value and features.

I purchased this unit for use in a bedroom, as a replacement for a cheaper, noisier model by Vicks. Unlike my first purchase, this model lives up to its promises of nearly-silent operation. It features two different speed settings, though I find that even leaving it on low produces great results. This purifier is only intended for small areas (a single room) but it performs well, removing large quantities of dust and pet dander from the air with ease.

My favorite feature of this purifier is the permanent filter- it is easy to remove and clean, and you never have to worry about locating/purchasing replacement filters (which saves quite a bit of time and money).

In terms of durability, I'm very impressed with this unit. We have owned it for almost two years and it has taken a fair bit of abuse (accidental kicks, knocked off dresser by the cat, etc) yet still performs as good as new. We also clean the filter fairly frequently, and it has not suffered at all from the stresses of being removed from and reinstalled in the unit hundreds of times.

The only improvement I feel could be made to this filter is the design of the housing. Its lumpy, rounded shape, while visually pleasing, makes it somewhat difficult to find a good spot to place the filter. I've tried placing it on top of dressers and on the floor, and it looks strangely out of place in either setting. I'm also constantly worried it's going to get knocked over, as it's impossible to push it flush against a wall or other flat surface.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews