Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2011, 11:14 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,547,411 times

Advertisements

Garmin nüvi 3790LMT Automobile Portable Navigator

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

The next big thing for driving is portable navigational systems. A map just isn't going to cut it anymore. Sure maps were O.K., about 600 years ago. Seriously though, maps are a pain to navigate with when you're trying to drive. Really the only way it's going to work is you have a passenger with you to help read off the map.

You don't want to get lost. That'd be no fun at all. How about this, Garmin nüvi 3790LMT Automobile Portable Navigator.
How cannot you use one these. Seriously, maps are a pain. It's so much easier using a nav. You'd be out driving with your kids. It would be a long day in the car. Your kids are driving you crazy. There's not much you can do but to tell them to behave or else. A comforting matter may be a nav. Even if you don't need one, you don't know everything, everywhere.
It's very easy to pass up signs. Anyone could do it. That's why you need a nav.
I wish they had these things 30 years ago. I'll be honest, it USED to be fun to get lost. The way things are now, not really! Driving maps are nearly obsolete anyway.
I don't even recall seeing traveler's maps anymore, just a few years ago, yes. Now, not even one. Though that's not saying they don't, I know some gas stations and even some banks/ recreational parks do.
You will find peace of mind when you hear, "turn left down such and such street."
I think we all could use one of these. Take a look and see what the GPS unit has.

The Good:

Nice GPS unit, priced fairly at $449. Has everything you need.

The Bad:

None.

Overall rating of this product. Including cost, performance, brand. "5.0+++."

Comparing to other units, others like it; but this is one of the better ones.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews