U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2011, 04:20 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,640,000 times

Advertisements

2002 Kirby Vacuum Cleaner

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

Like most Kirby owners, I purchased my Kirby vacuum from a door to door salesman. While not necessarily a critique of the machine itself, my own research supports that my rather unpleasant experience with the salesperson is a fairly common complaint. The salesperson stayed for almost three hours and was completely inconsiderate of my time. At the beginning of the visit, I stated that I had somewhere to be in about an hour and was told that the demonstration would be done by then. It wasn't. As I continued to remind the salesperson, I was ignored. The most frustrating aspect of this was that I really was interested in the vacuum. At one point I even said that I wanted to make a purchase but really had to go. It got to the point where nothing short of involving the police would make them leave, even though I still wanted to but a Kirby. In short, I waited them out and bought the machine.

I had been going through a vicious cycle of buying cheap vacuum cleaners every couple of years. Though quite expensive ($1200) I decided that I would probably save money in the long run. Fortunately, that has been the case. The Kirby is a reliable workhorse that has given me no trouble. It is built to last and really has only required bag changes. It has maintained its power well and the "transmission" feature makes it easy to manage when cleaning. It is, however, extremely heavy otherwise and difficult to carry or push from job to job. The attachments are relatively easy to use and work well for car or appliance care. I use it quite often to vacuum vents, refrigerator grills, and even the dryer. The bags are more expensive than the average vacuum bags and can be difficult to find at retail stores. I am glad to say that the hefty price tag has been worth it.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews