Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2011, 03:26 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,606,598 times

Advertisements

Frigidaire : FDB1502RGC 24 Under Counter Dishwasher

Rating: 1 out of 5
  • Currently 1.0/5.0

We had this dishwasher in our previous home, and replaced it almost immediately. We weren't expecting miracles form a low-end dishwasher, just basic functionality, but this dishwasher didn't even meet those basic expectations. It was a constant source of frustration and extra work.

Firstly, the thing is extremely loud. We could barely hold a conversation in the kitchen while it was running. For all that noise, it didn't do a very good job of washing the dishes.

I almost always had to rewash the glasses and clear plates and bowls, as they were usually spotty and cloudy. I don't feel that a dishwasher is much good if I have to wash a load of dishes myself after taking them out. The heavy cycle wasn't much good to me, either. It didn't improve the condition of glassware at all, and the larger the load was, the more trouble the dishwasher had getting things clean.

The construction of the dishwasher was also a problem. The top rack kept coming off the tracks either on one side or the other, almost on a daily basis. You have to pull it out very slowly and carefully to keep it from happening.

The way the racks are laid out was also an issue. No matter how many ways I tried to reconfigure the dishes, it was always very awkward and several areas of the lower rack just seemed like wasted space. As a result, the dishwasher not only didn't do a good job of cleaning the dishes, it also cleaned fewer things in a load than I would have expected. I often had to leave things in the sink for later, when they would have fit in most of other dishwashers.

I was extremely happy to get rid of this dishwasher. I like Fridgidaire as a brand, but this is not one of their better products by any means.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews