Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is In-N-Out Burger Overrated?
YES! I have no idea what the fuss is about. 109 45.61%
NO! Their food is the best fast food in the land. 81 33.89%
A hare, but a hare only 49 20.50%
Voters: 239. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 01:33 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,231,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPalms View Post
Unfortunetly, Milque and K-Luv, I am Crazy.
The bottom line is this small chain makes great burgers fries, and shakes. The poll is skewed because if you vote to like them then they are the best food in the world. Can anybody seriously bite into a double-double and look at someone with a straight face and say, "gee, this really sucks". I
Hey, thanks for telling me what I like to eat.

In and Out is OKAY; not the worst but not the best. I would not go out of my way to get one and check this out slick; It's an EFFIN personal opinion.

Now, to comment on your other post; yes, In and Out does gets a lot of hype. How? Well, some posts in this thread-including yours-are one example. Another is all of the bumper stickers and t-shirts for what is basically just a fast food joint. Yes, I know, it is a SoCal icon but isn't Del Taco as well? Would you wear a Del Taco t-shirt with pride?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 07:18 PM

450 posts, read 1,905,019 times
The food is tasty enough at In-n-out, but it's a really light meal. A double-double and fries does me for a couple of hours, but I much, much prefer another SoCal chain -- Fatburger.

While In-n-out's burgers are puny for those who dislike lettuce and tomato on their burger (I don't like the cooling aspect of them, as I like burgers hot), Fatburger offers a 1/3 pound or 1/2 pound burger -- and you can get doubles and triples. And you can get almost anything -- even an egg -- on the burger.

In-n-out's fresh cut fries get an edge from me over Fatburger, but the shakes aren't even close. While In-n-out has the pre-made, McDonald's-style shake machines that, in my opinion, taste like chalk... Fatburger has hand-scooped, freshly made milkshakes that are incredibly addicting!

Anyone familiar with Culver's in the Midwest? Great burgers, and their shakes are as good as Fatburger, only with far, far more selection of flavors!

Old 02-05-2008, 04:10 PM

24,445 posts, read 25,978,821 times
HockeyFan
Order you I-n-O burger without the lettuce and tomato. If you want bigger, order a 4X4.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:06 PM

450 posts, read 1,905,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
HockeyFan
Order you I-n-O burger without the lettuce and tomato. If you want bigger, order a 4X4.
Oh, I do order it that way (without lettuce and tomato) -- but it's so small! I just learned about 4 x 4 in the last month (where do people learn this "secret" menu?).. but I'll hold the processed cheese I think!

Old 02-06-2008, 11:33 AM

24,445 posts, read 25,978,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan View Post
Oh, I do order it that way (without lettuce and tomato) -- but it's so small! I just learned about 4 x 4 in the last month (where do people learn this "secret" menu?).. but I'll hold the processed cheese I think!
Hockeyfan,Google In-N-Out secret menu. Lots of results, look at other links there beyond the In-N-Out page.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:47 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,685,319 times
Severely over-rated. Use to live in CA and never understood the hype. Didn't care for the burgers at all. I miss Del Taco

Old 02-06-2008, 03:15 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
I think In-N-Out is really good as far as fast food goes. I prefer it to any fast food burger restaurant.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:26 PM

2,825 posts, read 6,889,151 times
The In-N-Outs I've been to in San Diego were not special. Burgers are good, not as good as FatBurger. I went to In-N_out in Vegas and it had an expanded menu and EXCELLENT shakes

Old 02-06-2008, 08:43 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,301,938 times
Guess what? I just ate at In-N-Out Burger in Tempe, after almost a 12 month hiatus-- and it frickin' rocked!!! While their fries I'm not totally sold on, the burgers are as good as it gets for fast food. Of course, everybody has their own preference, but anybody who think in-n-out isn't good is a liar!

Old 02-07-2008, 08:09 AM

3,120 posts, read 8,061,719 times
In-N-Out Burgers were featured in one of my favorite movies of all time, The Big Lebowski. My wife and I tried them when we were in California and they were tasty but they weren't exactly half-pound real man burgers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews