Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is In-N-Out Burger Overrated?
YES! I have no idea what the fuss is about. 109 45.61%
NO! Their food is the best fast food in the land. 81 33.89%
A hare, but a hare only 49 20.50%
Voters: 239. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 02:55 PM

2,441 posts, read 7,006,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
In-n-out burger employees do not make minimum wage-- that's part of what makes the place so special. I believe the starting pay there is something like $9.00 /hr.
Yeah, in San Francisco I believe the starting hourly rate is $10.90/hour. Imagine being a 16 year old kid making that kind of money working a cash register or flipping burgers. I would certainly have a smile on my face .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 03:37 PM

3,198 posts, read 12,710,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
Yeah, in San Francisco I believe the starting hourly rate is $10.90/hour. Imagine being a 16 year old kid making that kind of money working a cash register or flipping burgers. I would certainly have a smile on my face .
Yeah, I guess I am not talking so much about the corporate culture / employment aspect, but that is cool that they take care of their folks for sure.

I guess mine is just more superficial - talking about the food / restaurants itself more than anything.

Old 01-28-2008, 03:42 PM

58 posts, read 57,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
In-n-out burger employees do not make minimum wage-- that's part of what makes the place so special. I believe the starting pay there is something like $9.00 /hr.
For those 10 dollars an hour, they make you work your ass off because the place is always busy. The rush basically never goes away, lol it only gets worse.

Old 01-28-2008, 03:56 PM

2,138 posts, read 6,317,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyEP View Post
Maybe that is why I just am not as big on I-N-O, having lived for such a good chunk of my life in the Milwaukee area. I am perhaps spoiled by the abundance of just outstanding burgers here in this area, and frankly, a Kopps burger just demolishes an I-N-O burger.
It's the same with me also. I've been to great burger joints all over the country, but none compare to what you get in the Milwaukee area. And yes, a Kopps burger blows anything else out of the water.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:09 PM

699 posts, read 2,235,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPalms View Post
They are jealous because they don't have In-'n-Out. They are the finest of chain burgers. Anything else is a lie. Name a chain with better burgers, go ahead, I'm waiting..........

Five-Guys!!!!!!!!!!!

Five Guys Famous Burgers and Fries (http://www.fiveguys.com/press.html - broken link)

Rated best Burger and Fries fast food up and down the East Coast.

Yum.

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/09/19/images/tb-five.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by tenken627; 01-28-2008 at 07:29 PM..

Old 01-28-2008, 07:16 PM

197 posts, read 261,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taty View Post
For those 10 dollars an hour, they make you work your ass off because the place is always busy. The rush basically never goes away, lol it only gets worse.
And most likely they'll be spending most of it in San Francisco!

Old 02-01-2008, 10:05 AM

138 posts, read 979,025 times
About 16 yrs ago, when I was 18 yrs old, I saw a guy on a streetcorner, here in Toledo, Ohio----holding a sign that said "Will Work 4 Food."

I noticed Hot-n-Now was having a sale on hamburgers. 39 cents each. I ordered 10 hamburgers and then drove over to the guy and gave him a bag full of food. I figured, that should hold him over for a couple days.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:50 AM

7,055 posts, read 19,297,475 times
Hot-n-Now??? Do those places still exist? They were in Virginia briefly but disappeared more than a dozen years ago.

In-N-Out is good for what it is (cheap fast food). I like the animal style and wish more of the chains did it. They're definitely at or near the top of their category, above peers like McD's, BK, Wendys, Carls Jr/Hardees, etc.

I think some of the places mentioned such as Fuddruckers, Better Burger, and other "dine-in only fast food" are in a different category, a step above the drive-thru chains.

And certainly the best burgers of all are found at pubs and local burger joints.

Old 02-01-2008, 02:19 PM

812 posts, read 4,081,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyEP View Post
Agreed, although I would actually say that Whataburger is better. I am a big Whataburger fan.
It's all about the hype that makes people feel let down... the first time I went to Texas, I was dying to eat at Whataburger, and sure enough, I walked out saying "okay?"

... I love in-n-out though. Primarily for the freshness, you can actually taste the produce.

Old 02-01-2008, 02:22 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,759,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post
Five-Guys!!!!!!!!!!!

Five Guys Famous Burgers and Fries (http://www.fiveguys.com/press.html - broken link)

Rated best Burger and Fries fast food up and down the East Coast.

Yum.

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/09/19/images/tb-five.jpg (broken link)
OMG I love 5 guys!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews