Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2010, 11:30 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,831,934 times

Advertisements

Actually a part of good interpersonal communication isn't being passive-aggressive it is about finding win-win situations. If you do not engage with me and we have to work together on a project at work or in college then we are going to have a huge problem if you choose to be passive-aggressive. There are consequences that are outside your small-minded point of view. If you choose to empathize and say to yourself "Okay I may not like him. However, I have to work with him. I am going to be as cooperative and friendly as possible and try to seek out a win-win solution so that everyone wins." Too many women are used to getting things their way which is often a win-lose circumstance. And when that happens you can expect some severe problems with me. If they have a negative feeling that they are "not being treated right" then they think they can retaliate with passive-aggressive treatment. It doesn't work in professional places. I doubt it works in relationships too. The best method is win-win. Everyone wins. Nobody loses. That's my two cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
Not really. Women with high self esteem are more proactive and do not engage if not treated correctly.

A person who is pushy obviously can not communicate in an efficient way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2010, 11:38 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,368,799 times
if you are dealing with passive agressive behavior , the person (male or female) do not have high slef esteem.

People with high self esteem are in control of their actions and clearly understand passive agressive behavior is futile.

Old 08-30-2010, 12:32 PM

283 posts, read 457,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
if you are dealing with passive agressive behavior , the person (male or female) do not have high slef esteem.

People with high self esteem are in control of their actions and clearly understand passive agressive behavior is futile.
so thats what I'm dealing with. people with passive aggressive behavior. Now this is interesting rep+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Nice non-answer. Don't make grandiose claims you can't back up.
Wow if you haven't seen or even heard some people screaming or crying to get attention then I've made my point go out more.

Captaincatfish: I'm tired of women trying to imped men to express themselves (feminist castration campaign against men). If I have a problem with someone, I won't shy away and lower my head like a beaten dog. I'll bite and tear the skin if this can teach someone not to mess with me. I'm well aware that people have feelings but some people believe that they can do whatever they want and say what ever they want without any direct consequence (I double check the stuff that I talk about).

Cheesiemom: that is why I told that some of you should get an education. Because I did my homework lady. If my tone sounds arrogant then you should try getting more confidence.

Braunwyn seems like the grumpy lady is back...talk to the hand.

Old 08-30-2010, 01:12 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,672,901 times
Lightbulb No Direct Offense To You, But...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris245 View Post
so thats what I'm dealing with. people with passive aggressive behavior. Now this is interesting rep+1

Wow if you haven't seen or even heard some people screaming or crying to get attention then I've made my point go out more.

Captaincatfish: I'm tired of women trying to imped men to express themselves (feminist castration campaign against men). If I have a problem with someone, I won't shy away and lower my head like a beaten dog. I'll bite and tear the skin if this can teach someone not to mess with me. I'm well aware that people have feelings but some people believe that they can do whatever they want and say what ever they want without any direct consequence (I double check the stuff that I talk about).

Cheesiemom: that is why I told that some of you should get an education. Because I did my homework lady. If my tone sounds arrogant then you should try getting more confidence.

Braunwyn seems like the grumpy lady is back...talk to the hand.
Chris, it seems to me like you just donned a vest with a bright red bullseye painted on it...where did you get the notion that women are trying to 'impede men from speaking', or that they're walking around with Bowie knives in their purses, secretly trying to hack off our 'cojones' as we sleep?

That's a bit much, and I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you...plus, you sort of come across as one of those 'Ill say what I want and if you don't like it, f**k off' types... as if no one can contradict or dare to disagree with you, especially women---BZZZZZT!!! extreme wrong answer, dude...

And then trying to tell folks what tone to have or not have with you? Not cool at all...people are going to speak there minds, and not give a flying damn about your 'Official I'm Right So Shut Up!' license...just un-frackin-believable

Old 08-30-2010, 01:37 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,575,229 times
Quote:
That's not what you said. This is what you said:

Quote:
...And yes when you cry and scream your lungs out is an attempt to control someone. You'd all be amazed how much women use those on a daily basis.
To which I replied:

Quote:
Amaze me! How many women do that and how often? And how do you know?
That is the grandiose claim that you cannot back up: that there are a number of women who "cry and scream their lungs out" on a daily basis. You were challenged on it, and your answers were:
  • Get an education.
  • Babies cry.
  • Some people scream and cry for attention.
None of those address your original statement. I'm still waiting to be amazed by how many women scream and cry their lungs out on a daily basis. Let's hear this amazing evidence.

Old 08-30-2010, 01:46 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,521,986 times
Insecure women are fat.

Old 08-30-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucasLongLostChin View Post
Insecure women are fat.
Hi 5 dude

Old 08-30-2010, 02:04 PM

Women and men have both completely devolved. Human beings are supposed to be capable of consistent amounts of deep thought, deep feelings, and sophisticated abilities to form warm, loving, and harmonious relationships with every type of person. Those who are not as skilled are supposed to be taught and nurtured instead of shunned and ridiculed which is what our current society is all about. Instead we have a society obsessed with punishment and old-fashioned values that have been warped into a weapon by politicians, parents, teachers, professors, pastors, and corporate supervisors to dumb everyone down instead of to foster civility and harmony. But a lot of women these days are terrible terrors who get away with their reign of terror because everyone is coddling and sucking up to them. It's very sad. I saw the development of such a female terror coddling society when I was in 3rd grade. The females could get away with slapping, pinching, hitting, throwing sand, throwing rocks, otherwise acting psychopathic while the males were punished with suspension or detention for petty offenses. Both ignoring it and using punishment to humiliate and ridicule those who are learning and making mistakes along the way is detrimental to our society. Just look at how it is now. It's a disaster. And people are taught that if you have enough status then you can get away with horrible crimes (e.g., Enron, prisoner abuse scandals headed by women, etc.). This society has adored deplorable angry women for too long. It is time for more people to voice their concerns and help design win-win strategies so that everyone wins. If you have a society of win-lose here and win-lose there eventually you will have a society filled with losers who are filled with debilitating shame, learned helplessness, and worst of all a lack of skills. While those terrible people who have no empathy or conscience who started the problems will sit at the top because they have been constantly rewarded by society for their psychopathic behaviors.

Last edited by artsyguy; 08-30-2010 at 02:18 PM..

Old 08-30-2010, 02:15 PM

Or they are the bulimic ones who are always griping and throwing tantrums about how they look too fat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucasLongLostChin View Post
Insecure women are fat.

Old 08-30-2010, 02:18 PM

Quote:
That's not what you said. This is what you said:

To which I replied:

That is the grandiose claim that you cannot back up: that there are a number of women who "cry and scream their lungs out" on a daily basis. You were challenged on it, and your answers were:
  • Get an education.
  • Babies cry.
  • Some people scream and cry for attention.
None of those address your original statement. I'm still waiting to be amazed by how many women scream and cry their lungs out on a daily basis. Let's hear this amazing evidence.
Emotional Blackmail by Susan Forward

Thats why I told you to go get an education because you seemed to want to have a 1000 pages essay on the issue. By the persistence of your post you're really a leech. I Gave you credit thinking that you where outgoing enough to have seen the kind of situation where a woman uses psychological manipulation (Emotional Blackmail) on a man in order to get him to do her biddings. I was wrong, you weren't as outgoing as I thought (proving my point - go out more).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology