Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2011, 06:41 PM

292 posts, read 635,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Didn't you just draw all kinds of unnecessary attention to your financial, educational, and physical status ?! pfffff!

rofl
I drew "all kinds of unnecessary attention" to my financial life simply in response to laorbust61's previous post about "six figures and an MBA". In case you missed it I also mentioned non-financial aspects.

The way I actually live, people wouldn't know I have money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2011, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Indeed and good call. I laughed out loud at the 'Almighty' MBA. LOL.
The "Almighty" was a sarcastic response to laorbust61's MBA comment. Trust me, an MBA is over-rated, as are most material possessions. I am in the process of selling most of mine.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:20 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimelessClassic View Post
The "Almighty" was a sarcastic response to laorbust61's MBA comment. Trust me, an MBA is over-rated, as are most material possessions. I am in the process of selling most of mine.
Yea, most aren't impressed by it. Either way, all the homes, money, and degrees in the world aren't going to land a good woman if you're not a good man. Considering your views of women, it's unlikely such a woman is going to be bothered.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:27 PM

19,709 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Quote:
I drew "all kinds of unnecessary attention" to my financial life simply in response to laorbust61's previous post about "six figures and an MBA". In case you missed it I also mentioned non-financial aspects.
I was just givin ya crap for no good reason, just like a typical American woman should.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Yea, most aren't impressed by it.
In the world of political correctness, you are right. In reality though, you'd be surprised.

Quote:
Either way, all the homes, money, and degrees in the world aren't going to land a good woman if you're not a good man.
This I agree with.

Quote:
Considering your views of women, it's unlikely such a woman is going to be bothered.
Yes women have broken up with me because, in their words, I am "not trainable" :-(

Old 01-31-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
In the world of political correctness, you are right. In reality though, you'd be surprised.
I'm not sure what this means.

Quote:
Yes women have broken up with me because, in their words, I am "not trainable" :-(
Case in point.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I was just givin ya crap for no good reason, just like a typical American woman should.
Now why am I not meeting cool women like you who have a good sense of humor, who don't wear their hearts on their sleeves and are not man-haters? :-)

Old 01-31-2011, 07:40 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure what this means.
People are PC so they don't admit it in public but these things (homes, money, etc) do make a difference in reality.

Quote:
Case in point.
I'm not sure what this means :-)

Old 01-31-2011, 08:05 PM

19,709 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Quote:
Now why am I not meeting cool women like you who have a good sense of humor, who don't wear their hearts on their sleeves and are not man-haters? :-)
Because I live in a van down by the river....

Old 01-31-2011, 08:07 PM

Quote:
People are PC so they don't admit it in public but these things (homes, money, etc) do make a difference in reality.
I think having your shyte together matters to a lot of people and I've yet to come across a person that will not publicly acknowledge values because of PC. Folk want partners of their own cloth as well. What I'm saying is that it might impress a woman that doesn't have anything going on, but for a lady with a life (friends, family, an education, a career, hobbies, etc) it's not enough to compensate for a guy that has problems (emotional, psychologically, or otherwise). I'm educated. I have a good career. I have family, friends, etc, and I also have choices when it comes to men. There are more than enough good men to go around (ime), so there would never be a reason for me to spend time with a guy that is bigoted towards women. There's nothing PC or non-PC about that.

Quote:
I'm not sure what this means :-)
People speaking of either training men or men being trained, not wanting to be trained, etc is toonish (to me). Surely, it must be a joke. There's no depth to these players. I have a hard time believing that people actually speak this way, as if they reside in the boob tube or something. Granted, I understand it's a reality for many, well, according to the folk on CD at least, but it's bizarre from where I sit.

When considering caliber, you're all on equal footing given that likes couple with likes, but the complaints always come that you want someone of a higher caliber than you (men or women). And since you can't manage it then there's something obviously wrong with an entire gender. lol Again, this isn't directed at just men or women, but both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology