Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 08:43 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetybird11208 View Post
And according to the test I have avoidant, antisocial, histonic and paranoid personality disorder . How will I ever build meaningful relationships if I have these disorders? How can I get cured?
Take a "personality in good order test", and believe in yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2011, 09:06 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
Yeah and according to the online tests, I have a really high IQ. Maybe I was too intelligent to get become and engineer, doctor, or lawyer. Yeah, that's it.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:19 AM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Anyway, as soon as I read the OP I realized the poster had taken an online test and, sorry, but got my first good laugh of the day. "Avoidant, antisocial, histonic (sic) and paranoid personality disorder" all wrapped up in a neat little bundle - according to whose resident experts - Cosmopolitan, Good Housekeeping, Readers Digest, the National Enquirer?
I actually think that was rather the intent of the OP.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:30 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,987,536 times
I two online personality disorder tests online this morning. Both claim I have some flaws. The questions, however, were very subjective and sometimes even vague. I hope this thread is more of a joke and you're not taking something like this too seriously.

Old 05-22-2011, 10:57 AM

7,372 posts, read 16,015,581 times
Personality tests are long questionnaires and need to be interpreted properly, along with an interview with a therapist who has a lot of experience with personality disorders. There is no medication involved with personality disorders (aka "character disorders") and there has been a lot of improvement in therapy over the past decade on how to handle these. Nevertheless, it takes a lot of dedication to change and personality disorders don't go away easily. 5 years intensive therapy for Narcissistic Personality or Borderline Personality could be considered a short time to deal with these.

Old 05-22-2011, 06:51 PM

326 posts, read 813,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buburuza13 View Post
do not even think to go to a psychiater,psychologist hier in USA!!do not even thing to take a pill from a psychiater hier in USA!hier medicine is like a bussiness,never forget that!!!they want new and constantly clients!!why do you think doctors have hundereds of tousands income hier in USA?

stop taking online tests!!!they only want make people insecure,seem sick and get new clients to fill their pockets..you are fine!!!start enjoy your life,do not deal with something like that.You are absolutely normal,they are the ones,who try to convince you,you are sick!!!I am european and i met so many people hier in usa,i succesfully stoped from going and believe in the doctors hier.They were healthy.the doctors tried desperately made them think,they are sick,gave them wroing diagnosis and put them on medication!!!!a crime to put so many healthy people and healthy children on medication (they really would not need),but with the time they would have been destroyed by them!!!

You are absolutely fine.Everybody has harder times in life...some people have more friends,some have not as many...but focus on something else,get a good education,read,travel...there are so many things to do,then waste your life with online tests or pshyhologists,who need themselve a treatment!!

Please believe in you,be a strong person!!!You do not need to be cured,you are ok!!!!!!Enjoy life,start to study again,focus on new goals and forget the topic.good luck!
Thanks I kind of agree with you b/c people keeping telling me i'm sick just b/c i have trouble opening up to people but I dont see how insecurity is a sickness....

Old 05-22-2011, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
Personality tests are long questionnaires and need to be interpreted properly, along with an interview with a therapist who has a lot of experience with personality disorders. There is no medication involved with personality disorders (aka "character disorders") and there has been a lot of improvement in therapy over the past decade on how to handle these. Nevertheless, it takes a lot of dedication to change and personality disorders don't go away easily. 5 years intensive therapy for Narcissistic Personality or Borderline Personality could be considered a short time to deal with these.
Appreciate the advice

Old 05-22-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
Well, since you took the tests at a psychiatrist office, correct, I would think that the psychiatrist gave you meds for your disorders.

You need to see if they have any therapy groups you can join and you can ask your psychiatrist about that.

To my knowledge, there is no cure for those disorders but with the right meds, you can live a full loving and productive life.
Why are you always suggesting meds? Those dont make anything better my uncle being a prime example.

Old 05-22-2011, 07:51 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,015,581 times
Tweety, Check around for a therapist who can give you one of the better personality tests; not one you take online. I'm assuming you didn't take one of the better known tests such as the MMPI. Just to alleviate your fears, it would be a good thing to consult a professional on this. If there's really something there, it would be good to get help for it. I"ll bet anything though that you don't have all of those and probably don't have any.

Old 05-22-2011, 08:08 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,863,416 times
Oh, don't worry about it.

I'm a sociopath, and it hasn't slowed me down ooooone bit!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology