Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 05:08 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,309,013 times

Advertisements

Tell her how much you love her, but enough is enough. You are also right to have a witness. People tend to hear what they want to hear, or just the stuff that makes them angry. Be calm, but caring and firm and then, don't take it anymore, ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 09:09 AM

2,794 posts, read 3,676,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saywha View Post
I have a sister who is a lesbian.
She was diagnosed with Bi-polar but I think she shows more signs of Borderline personality disorder.
Before I go any further, I want to make it known that I am very supportive of her and her partner (her partner is like another sister to me, most of the time I like her more than my own sis).

My sis does something that really irritates me. She verbally bashes heterosexuals ALL the time. Says things "heterosexuals are an abomination!!" Calls children, "Crotch droppings" (which is kind of a funny name, but really weird none the less). She is constantly calling me a "breeder". I have never and would never, even though I have been given "permission" to, call her derogatory names.

It hurts my feelings. Am I being too sensitive? If you need any more details just ask. Thanks!
I think she simply needs some full body massages with happy endings; i would be happy to do it, simply for the sake of better gender relations.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:24 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,089,517 times
Quote:
She was diagnosed with Bi-polar but I think she shows more signs of Borderline personality disorder.
Before I go any further, I want to make it known that I am very supportive of her and her partner (her partner is like another sister to me, most of the time I like her more than my own sis).

My sis does something that really irritates me. She verbally bashes heterosexuals ALL the time. Says things "heterosexuals are an abomination!!" Calls children, "Crotch droppings" (which is kind of a funny name, but really weird none the less). She is constantly calling me a "breeder". I have never and would never, even though I have been given "permission" to, call her derogatory names.

It hurts my feelings. Am I being too sensitive? If you need any more details just ask. Thanks!

Tell her since she hates women so much..why hasnt she gotten a sex change..

Old 06-27-2011, 11:01 AM

I think my idea is much more friendly and beneficial.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:14 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,661,459 times
Quote:
This sort of thing has happened MANY times. And I believe it's kind of my fault, because I don't speak up. But she's not only directing it at me, it's all hetero's. The main reason why I haven't said anything is because of her disorder. She feels things so intensly, she would take my tiny tic-tac sized comment, and perceive it as REJECTION. To which she will fly off the handle. And by fly off the handle, that means, cussing and yelling then she would leave (no matter where we are) and she would end up not speaking to me for any length of time.
Naturally you would think, "good! let her go and be away from you!" But the problem with that is, I happen to love her very much, and she's pretty good most of the time, easy going. But when she gets angry it's like 10x more angry than a normal person (I worry for her partner). *Look up the video on youtube called "greatest freak out ever" That boy in that video was just like her, minus the remote thing.
But I've decided she's just going to have to get angry. Why should my feelings not even be considered? Furthermore, I will make sure at least one other person is around to hear exactly what I say, so she can't misconstrue anything. If sh*t hits the fan, so be it.

As Dr. Phil says, we teach people how to treat us.

Time for you to teach your sister something new

Old 06-27-2011, 11:18 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,241,750 times
Quote:

I think you should tell her how you feel, in a nice way, explain to her that she is hurting your feelings and you take her insults personal. I don't believe you should surpress your hurt feelings in order to keep peace? Some things are little,but if she is constantly doing this, and saying these things, I would be insulted. I bet, if someone said something of the same thing about gays, she would be highly insulted....???

Old 06-27-2011, 01:20 PM

I think women should learn how to be better friends with nice guys.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:56 PM

218 posts, read 454,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
I think women should learn how to be better friends with nice guys.
What are you talking about? None of your posts make any sense.......at least not to me

Old 06-27-2011, 10:22 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,820,271 times
Yeah you're not being sensitive at all. Your sister sounds sorta crazy, maybe she needs help. Crotch droppings? Really? Now imagine some kid hearing that. "Mommy, what's a crotch-dropping?"

As far as her heterosexual bashing I'll just play devil's advocate and say that homosexuals have been dealing with the same sort of thing since the Bible. Maybe that's her form of "payback" or something? Good luck.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:56 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,926,240 times
i think shes just being mean to heteros as a way to deal with an inferority complex. Shes been made to feel like homos are wrong so now she wants to do the same thing to heteros. She needs to stop her war and be at peace with herself.

Tell her if heteros were an abomination then she is an abomination crotch dropping her self. Sheesh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology