Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 01:54 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,721,387 times

Advertisements

Amen to that PHIL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 05:28 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,208,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
A blank stare that lasted approximately three seconds. Followed by a seemingly flawless continuation of her previous rant.
Cue the crickets

‪CRICKETS‬‏ - YouTube

Old 08-02-2011, 05:55 PM

861 posts, read 1,125,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltheEndofTime View Post
This is inspired from another thread. Why do people get all upset when they are judged on the internet? Seriously, I see no reason to be upset especially if you are putting your business out there! Judging doesn't make one self-righteous, it makes one human. It's in our nature to judge, and quite frankly, if I get judged, then so be it. If a person doesn't want to be judged, he or she shouldn't put their business out there for anyone to see, you catch my drift?
Because people don't like being judged period.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:19 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,826,766 times
What about Judge Judy?

Old 08-02-2011, 09:48 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,428,303 times
When you put your toe out into traffic, don't cry when it gets run over.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:12 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,636,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Cue the crickets
LOL!

It was a bit like this, too -

‪Pug Stares Down Camera‬‏ - YouTube

Old 08-03-2011, 09:26 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,767,621 times
What happened to the Golden Rule: "Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you"? Just b/c the Internet is the Internet, doesn't overrule this principle. I for one would rather be compassionate and caring, instead of judging...and TBH, there is a level of sensitivity, understanding, and empathy, that is notably missing in some C-D users' posts here. Almost like they're even glad the person may be down on their luck, and just want to rub salt into the wounds some more. But kicking someone when they're down, never helped anyone...it only makes them feel worse

Old 08-03-2011, 11:54 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,176,401 times
Agreed..
If one puts something out here in the open? They are risking being judged..

Especially if they do not know how to write, express emotions and instead just rants,,,

I see no reason to get butt hurt, one is being judged by strangers..THERE opinion does not mean it defines who you are.. It is best to reflect and re read what you posted before getting upset..
And also to remember that WE are not all the same and have differing opinions...it is what it is...

Old 08-04-2011, 12:22 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,434,672 times
But then, there is something practical about discretion on both ends. I don't want to know anyone's personal business, whether they share it or not.
And I try not to judge anyone any more than I would like to be. But on occasion when I find my self pointing a finger, there are always four more...
Well, you know the saying.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:26 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,636,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltheEndofTime View Post
This is inspired from another thread. Why do people get all upset when they are judged on the internet? Seriously, I see no reason to be upset especially if you are putting your business out there! Judging doesn't make one self-righteous, it makes one human. It's in our nature to judge, and quite frankly, if I get judged, then so be it. If a person doesn't want to be judged, he or she shouldn't put their business out there for anyone to see, you catch my drift?
Well I although I do agree that people shouldn't get upset for being judged over the internet because they really don't know you, I don't think that necessarily gives us merit to judge others. We can be better than that. I'm judged all the time because of my religious beliefs. But I don't care. Sometimes I get upset and other times I chill out and watch the show. I'm learning more to do the latter because there's nothing for me to get riled up about. I'm happy, I'm loving Jesus more than ever, I'm at peace, and I'm just thankful to be alive. I have so much to rejoice about. It takes energy away from me to be negative these days. And I'm going to try not to be for a long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology