Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What's the closest to an alpha female?
Type 1 6 27.27%
Type 2 10 45.45%
Type 3 6 27.27%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 05:41 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,563,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Well probably, but I am not sure about that "Alpha female - Beta male" combination. ( Never looked into those things closely, really, but my perception is the same as yours here; for me both Madonna and Tyra Banks represent the image of Alpha females, ( Hillary Clinton too by the way.)
Hillary ?? I dont see it...I like Hilary Clinton and she was my pick before Obama. I did vote for Obama over McCain, but I wanted Hillary in because I really like Bill. Alpha Female-Bata Male....Kim K and her lame nba x....Oprah and that lame pushover Stedman, Madonna and all here lil foreign model boy toys, J.LO and her back up dancer collection, Tyra Banks and her invisible male friends WE NEVER see that "Keep her Pleased"...then we have Beyonce who is actually a good woman but makes Alpha Female theme songs.
Someone said Halle Barry, but she is no alpha...she is a nutty attractive female, but no alpha. Queen Latifah...is an Alpha Female as well....we never see any of her lovers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 05:49 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,750,952 times
Quote:
That's right, it's mostly about "admire my a***" scene and occasional hissing if things don't go right, but that still doesn't make Leo an Alpha-female.
Even if she can be "kind and caring" and yada-yada, she is still not a driving force in spite of her impressive presence.
It's what she does that counts. Will you stand in front of a man with all his might throwing a baseball or softball at you? Can you even hit it? How about the display of dominance she was doing on the race track with me, her own brother. I won, but it was very hard to do and a challenge. She always puts up a fight.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:53 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Hillary ?? I dont see it...I like Hilary Clinton and she was my pick before Obama.
No woman ( being non-alpha female) would run for president as far as I'm concerned.

Quote:
"Alpha Female-Bata Male....Kim K and her lame nba x....Oprah and that lame pushover Stedman, Madonna and all here lil foreign model boy toys, J.LO and her back up dancer collection, Tyra Banks and her invisible male friends WE NEVER see that "Keep her Pleased"...then we have Beyonce who is actually a good woman but makes Alpha Female theme songs.
Someone said Halle Barry, but she is no alpha...she is a nutty attractive female, but no alpha. Queen Latifah...is an Alpha Female as well....we never see any of her lovers."
Halle Barry is no alpha... she is way too typical for a Leo, so a lot of drama but no driving force)))
Now Madonna is a different story. (Don't know enough about the rest of them, but queen Latifah - yes, probably, from what I saw.)

Last edited by erasure; 04-01-2012 at 06:05 PM..

Old 04-01-2012, 05:54 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
oh yea?? Wow I never knew Halle Berry was a feminist. She just seems like a nutty girl, but not one of those crazy feminist that hate men and wish us all dead. She always seems to have a boyfriend here and there...but I guess you never know. Thanks for the update. I still think she should not have done monsters ball but...thats another topic.
She does work that helps women that endure and have endured domestic violence. With that said, I'm a feminist and happen to love men. I love my husband, my dad, my best male friend, and my late twin brother. I expend quite a bit of energy on the men in my life. Don't apply whatever f*cked up, ignorant crap you have in your head, culture, and life with feminists in general. We don't need or want it.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:56 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Hillary ?? I dont see it...I like Hilary Clinton and she was my pick before Obama.
Do you know anything about her, her accomplishments, what she is and has been up to (as well as for any of the women you have mentioned), to see anything?

Old 04-01-2012, 06:03 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBBARK View Post
It's what she does that counts.
And she does what? Throws a baseball bat at you?
Now that's impressive, sure shows a true leadership right there))))

Quote:
Will you stand in front of a man with all his might throwing a baseball or softball at you? Can you even hit it?
Nope, too lazy for that, always has been. ( It's one of typical Leo's traits by the way, did you know that?)

Just read the description in Astrology one more time - Leos are "administrative" sign, not "cardinal." End of.

Old 04-01-2012, 06:04 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,750,952 times
Quote:
No woman ( being non-alpha female) would run for president as far as I'm concerned.

"Alpha Female-Bata Male....Kim K and her lame nba x....Oprah and that lame pushover Stedman, Madonna and all here lil foreign model boy toys, J.LO and her back up dancer collection, Tyra Banks and her invisible male friends WE NEVER see that "Keep her Pleased"...then we have Beyonce who is actually a good woman but makes Alpha Female theme songs.
Someone said Halle Barry, but she is no alpha...she is a nutty attractive female, but no alpha. Queen Latifah...is an Alpha Female as well....we never see any of her lovers."

Halle Barry is no alpha... she is way too typical for a Leo, so a lot of drama but no driving force)))
Now Madonna is a different story. (Don't know enough about the rest of them, but queen Latifah - yes, probably, from what I saw.)
The comment I always love is "watch this". Nothing is handed to you here. You'll have to earn it and fight for it. No free passes for a "ratchet jaw".

Old 04-01-2012, 06:14 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,357,750 times
Quote:
Oprah knocked Phil Donahue out of that market niche, because she swooped down on the SAH audience that looked at her as someone who said "that's ok" and handed them tissue, because she is black, because she has weight issues, and because she admits to sexual trauma. Why hasn't she married Stedman? He's another puppet. Phil Donahue, with his quick wit, sarcasm, corporate look, Notre Dame education, and the trademark "I don't have much time," was light years ahead of Oprah, not to mention better at what he did. He lacked empathy and wasn't namby-pamby. Oprah's empathy is feigned. She sees dollar bills.

When I think of Madonna, two words come to mind: casting couch. She is manipulative and has admitted it. Seriously, to climb your way out of a working-class suburb of Detroit and dropping out of U of M, she had to have some big cajones to get where she was going. Any dude that fathers her children is nothing more than a sperm donor and knows that he can bank on coin for the rest of his life because her income stream is so superior to his.

Halle Barry may have done this and that. So what? She's no alpha. She's just another movie star. Like someone said, she's an alpha at stirring up drama.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:53 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,719,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
She does work that helps women that endure and have endured domestic violence. With that said, I'm a feminist and happen to love men. I love my husband, my dad, my best male friend, and my late twin brother. I expend quite a bit of energy on the men in my life. Don't apply whatever f*cked up, ignorant crap you have in your head, culture, and life with feminists in general. We don't need or want it.
No sh*t...I second this!

Old 04-02-2012, 12:15 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Oprah knocked Phil Donahue out of that market niche, because she swooped down on the SAH audience that looked at her as someone who said "that's ok" and handed them tissue, because she is black, because she has weight issues, and because she admits to sexual trauma. Why hasn't she married Stedman? He's another puppet. Phil Donahue, with his quick wit, sarcasm, corporate look, Notre Dame education, and the trademark "I don't have much time," was light years ahead of Oprah, not to mention better at what he did. He lacked empathy and wasn't namby-pamby. Oprah's empathy is feigned. She sees dollar bills.

When I think of Madonna, two words come to mind: casting couch. She is manipulative and has admitted it. Seriously, to climb your way out of a working-class suburb of Detroit and dropping out of U of M, she had to have some big cajones to get where she was going. Any dude that fathers her children is nothing more than a sperm donor and knows that he can bank on coin for the rest of his life because her income stream is so superior to his.

Halle Barry may have done this and that. So what? She's no alpha. She's just another movie star. Like someone said, she's an alpha at stirring up drama.
How many posts and threads have been made by men telling other men to NEVER EVER get married if they have any assets, money or success? They go on and on and on and on about how women will get half and they'll get sent to the poor house so never marry and NEVER have children. Now, when a smart, successful woman decides to share her life with a man (ie Oprah and Stedman) and not get married, she's questioned for it? Perhaps she's trying to manage her finances and doesn't want the legality of marriage getting in the way. Could you imagine that prenup? Sheesh, I probably wouldn't get married if I were her either. They seem perfectly happy with each other so who is anyone else to sit around and judge their relationship? I've met Oprah a few times and she honestly seems like a decent person. She used to own a restaurant in my area and flew into the airport I worked at, both her and Emeril Lagasse used to bring us cookies and treats whenever they came in, and both of them were always so nice and gracious.

As for Madonna, I don't know much about her to be honest, I've never really liked her or her music. She seems like a user and abuser though, and while that may have some alpha female traits, being a ***** for the sake of being a ***** doesn't cut it in my book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology