Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 10:06 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times

Advertisements

My husband, my children, my dogs and cats, my church and nature a glistening lake at sunset, a deep green forest, colorful flowers in Spring, that majesty of mountains and deep green waves crashing against the shore.

The love of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 01:57 PM

58 posts, read 114,473 times
Singing with my church choir.

Old 10-18-2013, 02:22 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,372,889 times
I'll focus on some little things, off the top of my head...

Petting the soft fur of my dog
Smelling chocolate cookies baking
Hearing birds chirping in the morning
Hearing crickets chirping at night
Hearing ocean waves at sunset
Hot cocoa by a cozy fire
Flying a kite
Building a snowman
Walking on crisp fall leaves
The smell of coconut and pina coladas from my beach chair
Getting a back rub from my love
Watching the sunset
Hearing my children's laughter as they play
New car smell
New baby smell
Seeing the first Spring flower poking through
Being the Easter bunny
Holding hands with my spouse and my children
The taste of good chocolate and good wine
Giving small gifts to people - like buying them a cup of coffee

Old 10-18-2013, 03:45 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,928,948 times
Orion2, when I read your post, I thought of something.

Years ago, in South America, I found an old copy of the World Almanac, and from the astronomical data in it, I was able to draw a pretty accurate star chart of the southern sky -- something I had been unable to find in any shops. I used it to learn the southern stars. Then while riding an all-night bus across Argentina, I woke up at about 2 or 3 am and looked out the window, and saw Orion. I was in the middle of nowhere on a distant continent, and I felt like I was at home, seeing something familiar that was the same as in my own backyard, like it would follow me wherever I would ever go and watch over me. That warm and peaceful moment has stuck with me all these years, and I am grateful that I had that moment, and more importantly, that I had prepared myself to recognize it when it came.

A little more to the vein of the topic, I love the sound of the Great Tailed Grackles, the common urban birds of South Texas and Mexico, that dominate shopping mall parking lots and fast food joints. Their noisy squawks and squeals are what I would miss most if I ever moved away.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:39 PM

128 posts, read 177,682 times
I would say, I am grateful for my cat, Coco. Also, for having enough food to enjoy everyday.

Old 10-18-2013, 07:07 PM

7,588 posts, read 4,156,645 times
I am grateful to a few specific people who are not even family members of mine. They taught me how to love myself which allowed me to accept the love of other people. So while I am grateful for my life and the people in it, I would never have been grateful for these things without the guidance of these few people.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:23 PM

1,479 posts, read 2,718,491 times
Cheese Popcorn
Air Conditioning
Showers
Hardwood Floors
Water
Beds
High Quality Tools
The Ocean

Old 10-18-2013, 11:49 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,693,023 times
I'm grateful for absolutely nothing.

Old 10-19-2013, 11:29 PM

1,871 posts, read 2,096,767 times
I am grateful for the time I get to spend with my immediate family. Now that my siblings and I are all grown adults and have our own lives it is harder to get together. Fun times at Thanksgiving and Christmas. I am grateful that I know how to cook and can take care of myself as an adult. Even though I have my moments I am grateful for waking up to a new day. I feel better focusing on the good instead of petty little annoyances in life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology