Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 11:23 AM

588 posts, read 956,764 times

Advertisements

And dogs. They're always so happy to see you & very forgiving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2013, 12:34 PM

50,330 posts, read 63,895,871 times
Having a husband who still opens doors for me, and sometimes even does the dishes.

Old 07-20-2013, 01:09 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,336,849 times
What a great thread! The things that make me happy are:
My dog and two cats. I am as grateful for them as they are for a home.
Having a nice home with all the amenities.
Landing in SXM. Nothing beats circling the island and seeing the turquoise waters before landing.
Cooking and baking for my family.
For the opportunity to have gotten an excellent education.
After having lost my eyesight in a freak accident, I am so very grateful to have gotten it back so that I can see the people who are important to me, and I am especially grateful for the doctors who made it possible.
A free afternoon to read a good book.
A black and white milkshake.
Zumba--it is keeping me healthy.

Old 07-20-2013, 01:13 PM

708 posts, read 1,059,383 times
My nephews.I can have a completely rotten day and the thought of those chuckleheads make me smile.

Old 07-20-2013, 01:49 PM

588 posts, read 956,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exnj1970 View Post
My nephews.I can have a completely rotten day and the thought of those chuckleheads make me smile.
Yep, children and pets! They make you forget about your problems and help you appreciate life's blessings.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:44 AM

19,956 posts, read 13,447,359 times
I enjoy satiating my curiosity by learning new things. I enjoy the sense of accomplishment that comes from helping someone I love enjoy life more -- it's particularly nice if it's noticed and occasionally acknowledged. I enjoy just watching humanity in general expand its horizons.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:33 AM

50,702 posts, read 36,402,571 times
This is a challenge for me and something I continue to work on. It seems my mind's tendency is to think about what I don't have more than what I do. For instance, I live in a resort town 50 feet from the beach, but the gratitude kind of "wore off" and now instead of pinching myself for how lucky I got (my apartment is unbelievably cheap!) I get mad at how the tourists drive and where they park and how inconvenienced I am (I was one of them 15 years ago).

I can "catch it" and change my thinking much faster now, but it seems to be an automatic "go to".

I am grateful to live in a place I love

I am grateful that tourists love it as much as I do, so much so they pay thousands of dollars a week to stay here and keeps the economy strong.

I am grateful me and my friends did not lose homes during Sandy, and that the city is as good as ever.

I am grateful for a job I like with people I like, and that I get to hug people and make people happy and get paid for it (nursing home).

I am grateful to have my honey, who cherishes me and treats me like gold, who I met 3 years ago after being single for most of the preceding 10 years, and thinking "he" might not ever come along.

I am grateful for having MADE IT to age 51! I did many stupid things in my young years that could have ended up very differently

I am grateful for my family

Old 07-21-2013, 12:40 PM

855 posts, read 1,383,728 times
So many things to be thankful for that makes us ungrateful and also that we take for granted.

I am thankful for being able to wake up, get up and walk, breathe in the smell of someones fresh pot of coffee brewing in the morning before work.

Coming home from work and smelling someone's half-burnt BBQ because they haven't learned where the hot spots are on the grill. Even better is getting a bit of a laugh hearing the wife chew the husband a new rear-end for burnin' dem steaks.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:45 PM

855 posts, read 1,383,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I feel strongly that appreciation of little things help me get through life.

Red polished toenails make me happy.
Yes indeed! When ladies paint their toes in coats like a good paint job that is.

French polished toes with matching fingers makes me even happier!

Old 07-23-2013, 09:20 PM

1,134 posts, read 2,236,440 times
Hot water
Orion snuggling next to me purring
Music
Seeing unexpected sights like flowers blooming as I round a corner
Patients saying thanks
People smiling
Dogs wagging their tails
The ocean
Laughing with my friends
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology