Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 03:48 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,111,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Several:

(1) In a school or social setting, I have seen girls/women be totally nasty and disdainful to guys who asked them out. A guy who is "hit on" and is not interested tactfully worms his way out of it to not hurt a woman's feelings.
Maybe she's a b itch, maybe she was having a bad day. Maybe she got bad news... There could be a multitude of reasons....
Just as some women aren't bitchy in this situation, I'm sure some men have put women down when they've been hit on....

Quote:

(2) In a work setting, "male feminist" types champion girls/women that shouldn't be championed - they "daddy" them, and they have bolted for other employers or left to start families, while guys starting out have to slog it through. In most cases, these women were not the type the entity should have been "investing" in, and it was more about their "eye candy" value.
Hmm I never thought that had anything to do with male feminist types, championing women, more to do with crusty old men wanting to keep their eyelash batting, short skirt wearing eye candy around... And yes I've seen that.
Quote:

If I see situation (1) occurring near me, I will let them hear what I think. Now that's not supposed to happen, is it? I was recently in Venice (the real one), and this one American chick was being a total biotch to someone because she expected to find America or something, and, observing this nearby, the last thing she expected is an American to rip her a new one while explaining to the Italian person waiting on her that this d-b was the quintessential "ugly American."

Essentially, a list about as long as half my arm.
There's a fake Venice ??!

There will always be rude people of both genders...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2012, 05:46 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,366,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
There's a fake Venice ??!
Being from LA, I tend to simultaneously think of Venice Beach, not far from where I grew up. Also, there's a Venice, FL, I believe, and there is definitely a Naples, FL, and it is NOT cheap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology