Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2012, 12:47 AM

134 posts, read 155,276 times

Advertisements

Lately, I have been feeling rather disturbed by something. I feel that my masculine behaviors, dress,role are not completely appropriate to who I am. I have been hearing my name "Ross" and it makes me feel empty. Honestly, I'm not sure why this is,I always took a sense of pride in my name. While I typically act in a masculine way, I do also act in ways that might be construed as femininine. I tried cross-dressing a few times (privately). I didn't receive any sexual gratification from it, However, it felt rather natural to me as wearing any old blue jeans I have. I didn't really enjoy it for the sake of being girls' clothing.They just felt like any other clothes. There are times were I would like to act more as a female, but I feel that doing this would cause others or me grief. A mutilated penis dosen't strike me as something I would like to have, nor does hormones. I just want to fit in,yet I feel like a freak. My emotions are going haywire; one moment I am apathetic, and the next I'm depressed or angry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 12:49 AM

134 posts, read 155,276 times
I could use advice. (My PS3 limits my response.)

Old 07-16-2012, 02:05 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Perhaps you should speak to some transsexuals online, to see if they experience something similar, or talk to a professional about it. Gender is a social construct, I think everyone feels a bit 'out of place' some of the time. Who knows how things might change for you. Just get a variety of opinions, stay true to what you feel/your gut, without being swayed/overtly preoccupied with every little thing.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:30 AM

652 posts, read 874,190 times
Whatever makes you happy. Perhaps you should get into role play. Imagine yourself as a male James Bond who is a cross dresser. The god of Thunder, Thor was known to wear women's clothing disguised as a woman. Robbie Williams dressed up as a woman in his She's Madonna video. I think your experiencing some gender identity battles. Maybe it will pass, it could just be a phase you're going through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rj7237 View Post
Lately, I have been feeling rather disturbed by something. I feel that my masculine behaviors, dress,role are not completely appropriate to who I am. I have been hearing my name "Ross" and it makes me feel empty. Honestly, I'm not sure why this is,I always took a sense of pride in my name. While I typically act in a masculine way, I do also act in ways that might be construed as femininine. I tried cross-dressing a few times (privately). I didn't receive any sexual gratification from it, However, it felt rather natural to me as wearing any old blue jeans I have. I didn't really enjoy it for the sake of being girls' clothing.They just felt like any other clothes. There are times were I would like to act more as a female, but I feel that doing this would cause others or me grief. A mutilated penis dosen't strike me as something I would like to have, nor does hormones. I just want to fit in,yet I feel like a freak. My emotions are going haywire; one moment I am apathetic, and the next I'm depressed or angry.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:46 AM

1 posts, read 978 times
I've been experiencing pretty much the same things, except in reverse : I'm a girl, I'm not unhappy being one, but I'm not comfortable with what I feel society and others want me to be as a woman (for exemple, I almost never put on make up), and I'd like being seen as a bit masculine too, or androgynous. I tried cross-dressing (privately too), and like you said, I didn't really receive sexual gratification from it, but I like it very much nonetheless because I can explore this other side of myself, escape from what others want me to be, and I also feel more self-confident as a boy, sometimes
Sometimes I think to myself that I wish I had been born a boy, but then I think if I had been a boy I would have wanted to be a girl x) For now I define myself as bigendered or agendered, and I don't think I would want to transition.

I would really like to talk more about all of this with you, since you're the first person I find whose situation is so close to mine But most importantly, mark these words : we're not freaks, we're not abnormal, we're just rare

Old 01-10-2014, 06:52 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,025,862 times
@ JAD

DM me

Old 01-10-2014, 10:02 AM

1,373 posts, read 2,958,059 times
Any male who has cross dressed is transgendered IMO.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:48 PM

1,706 posts, read 3,309,269 times
Cross-dressing is a part of transvestitism, but this doesn't make one transgendered. Cross-dressing is not related to being transgendered. Cross-dressing is a choice of garment or make-up, hair style, and nails. One can be a drag-queen, but this is not the only option. Some simply feel comfortable in non-traditional attire. It is easier for a woman to wear men's clothing as there are few social proscriptions against it. It is difficult for a man to wear woman's clothing, and when it is found out, there is much scoffing and criticism. Being transgendered is a life-changing choice, where Chastity Bono becoming Chaz. There is no surgery with cross-dressing. Cross-dressers don't want to be the other sex; they just enjoy wearing their attire. Persons who are transgendered desire to be the other gender and may accommodate with transvestitism (cross-dressing) until the change is complete or while it is happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology