Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2012, 05:26 PM

389 posts, read 920,911 times

Advertisements

I found it weird, when one time he randomly texted me that his father would pay for our trip to California. I have known him only for about a year (I never met his dad or even brother) and we talk a lot about technology (cell phones computers), watch sports on some weekends when we go to stadions . Basically we are hangout buddies. I haven't done with this him yet, but he travels with other friends sometimes to other towns for games. But when he told me this, I started to think its crazy. I texted him back, what incentive would have his dad to do that, and that surprised me. He told me that "I guess my dad is generous". Thats BS and it contradicts with his earlier statement when he told me his dad does not like when he goes over data overages in their family plan. Cell phone overage is only about $10-$50 unless u use it like crazy (tether to laptop and watch movies) while paying for another dude flight seat and hotel stay can cost easily over $500. Next day he sends me vague speed test results from his cell phone to my email which is really nothing about, its just benchmark like somebody proving how many pushups can he do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 10:00 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,288,731 times
People who have "extra money" frequently have that extra money because they watch the smaller expenses. And that is the whole reason to save money on "regular monthly expenses", then there is money left to go do fun stuff!

Older people I know tend to be "giving people". They will do nice things for other people and not expect anything in return. Many younger people these days are quite selfish, so something like that is impossible for them to understand. But anyway these older people will donate money to charities, do volunteer work, and even pay for their kids friend to go on a trip. They are just being "nice". Because they can. They like doing things for other people. Saying "Thank You!" is all that is needed.

As to if your friend is attracted to you or not, ask him!

Old 08-15-2012, 03:50 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
I don't think your friend is being "weird" at all....he wants someone to go on the trip with him, you are his "hangout buddy", what's so strange about that?....If I were taking my son on a trip I'd pay for him to take a friend along as well, why not?..maybe sometimes the old man just can't keep up to his son....he probably sees his son having a friend along as a better chance for him to relax a little more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology