Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 11:05 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times

Advertisements

ive been getting motion sickness/dizzy/vertigo feeling- especially when i drive...its a couple things, and inner ear issue, ear crystals that may be floating around,,,but also is anxiety related,,its the chicken-egg , which came first

(try to put one foot in front of the other heel to toe, with your eyes closed without going off balance- I use to be able to do 12-15 steps, now I cant do 3...)

anyways,,,I drive alot in my work,,and was getting extremely concerned- I finally made a dr's apptmnt- he took blood tests balance tests,,,gave me some meclyzine for vertigo...that didnt help a bit,,,went back and he gave me valium,,,which finally worked..thank god...I went to a physical therapist.she gave me some head exercises to do..i think it helped

now anxiety induces everything it seems....and if you keep marinating your fears and worries,,,then you are triggering all this crap whether you know it or not...
so...
this is how im feeling better
im eating more red meat (gasp) rich in iron and other great stuff for the blood- im doing low impact exercises to get the blood going,,,seems to help..
i ripped some of my old fav songs off youtube and made cd's to listen in the car, and on laptop around the house
DONT WATCH THE NEWS

Im watching youtube videos of the funniest clips that make me laugh the most,,,for me,,its seinfeld clips,,or reverend jim clips from the show taxi
I fall asleep to calming music from youtube- its all free off youtube..
and you can watch some anxiety calming videos from youtube,,
one of my fav lines....from a buddhist monk,,,,,,think of your mind as a garden,,,you only have so much water a day...are you going to water the weeds (the crap) or are you going to water the flowers(the good stuff)
catch yourself thinking about the crap and change it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 05:10 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Have you ever tried acupuncture?

Acupuncture.Com - Generalized <a href="http://www.taostar.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=acom&Product_C ode=CSCAP&Category_Code=H" target="_blank"> <strong>Anxiety</strong></a> Disorder and Acupuncture Treatment - July 2010

Sorry, that is a crazy looking link, but it was the best article I could find on quick notice.

Acupuncture has been a blessing for me in the past few months. Particularly for stress/migraines.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:57 PM

400 posts, read 1,918,083 times
Default Cognitive Therapy helps treat panic attacks

After a terrible car accident where I was seriously injured, I suffered with PTSD for a few years; I'd hear the sound of a car screeching and would scream, or have terrible panic attacks if a car drove to close to me while I was driving. It got so bad that I had panic attacks regularly while driving. I did cognitive therapy for the PTSD and driving-related panic attacks. The day I stopped having driving-related panic attacks was during a panic attack; I talked myself "down" by putting my focus on the car driving in front of me. This helped me slow down my breathing to stop hyperventilation, and I had a mantra that I used to stop my racing thoughts. After this experience, I never had another driving-related panic attack. (Now I need to do that for my anticipatory anxiety where flying is concerned.)

Old 02-07-2013, 03:59 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,654,900 times
Isaiah 41:10 "Fear thou not; for I am with thee, be not dismayed (worried); for I am thy God. I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

This one got me through when I was shaking in front of people while doing my job. I would be fine and all of a sudden this tremor would take over me. I was approaching menopause and think that had something to do with this happening but this just knocked it completely out of me. I would play it in my mind like a recording and nothing else could enter my mind.

I have another one that saved me when my son had cancer at 21, he is fine now at 45.
"Trust in the Lord with thine whole heart, lean not on thine own understanding. In ALL thy ways, acknowledge HIM and He will direct thy path." I never let it out of my mind when the fear tried to get in.

They are strong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology