Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 10:44 AM

18,748 posts, read 11,702,102 times

Advertisements

I love my recurring dreams about fishing, tornadoes, old spooky houses, and antique shops. I don't like the one about my annual Halloween party and not having anything ready as the quests are arriving. I think it's my naked in the classroom version.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 11:29 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,289,316 times
I never remember my dreams. As a small child I had recurring nightmares. Now, I NEVER remember any of them.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:14 PM

8,583 posts, read 15,946,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldyViolet View Post
I have a recurring dream that I am in my last year in highschool, it's about a month or 2 away from graduation, and I don't have enough credits to graduate. I'm desperately trying to pass classes but some of them I haven't attended in at least a month

It's not a fun dream.
I have a similar one . I am in college and its almost final exam time and I still haven't found out where my classes meet..I am frantically trying to find my schedule and where the classes meet..
I have that dream all the time, but college was 30 years ago and even then I never missed classes very often..

I think "classes" represents "life" and as I get older I do feel like there is less time to do all the things I want to do...

Old 12-20-2012, 09:31 PM

270 posts, read 386,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowcatcher View Post
You never said anything about what was happening in those dreams. Are you just talking, is it a naughty dream, is the person chasing you with an ax? More than likely you had the dream, went "huh", mulled over it and you planted it in your subconscious. Then you have been mulling over it re-enforcing the connection. It is sort of like when someone tells you, "No matter what do not think about an elephant". You will.
not sexual at all actually..just different dreams and this same person pops up

Old 01-19-2013, 10:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,407 times
Exclamation Supernatural Recurring Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
The recurrence of dreams can also be symbolic for something else going on in your life. The person that you see in the dream may be totally incidental or may actually play a role in the underlying meaning of the dream. That's why it's beneficial in helping to understand the dream to try and describe what's going on in each dream and if the same theme repeats itself.

For example, I went through some pretty stressful periods at work once with a new project. At that time I kept dreaming about going on a field trip with an old professor who would take us to a trail head with about 5 different trails and drop us off there. We each had to choose a trail and each one presented its own difficulty, and some were much worse than others. It turned out that the recurring dream had nothing to do with hiking or with the professor and was symbolic for the stress going on with the project at the time. When that was figured out (thanks to a friend pointing it out), those dreams stopped.
I agree with the essence of your last statement -- that the dreams stopped when "that was figured out." My recurring dream plagued me for over 30 years and did not stop until a certain event in my real life played out the way it was presented in my mind's eye during the dream. (As an aside, I didn't have to be in bed at night to dream the dream, just asleep.) I believe the Lord blessed me with it to stop me from a malicious act; because from the very day that the event occurred, the recurring dream stopped. It all made sense. There is no other possible explanation other than Divine Intervention -- the dream fulfilled its purpose to warn me and to stop me. I wrote about it if you have an interest in reading it. Long story short, we should pay close attention to our dreams, especially the recurring ones. I'm glad yours was caused and ended by a source over which you ultimately had control. Peace.

Old 01-20-2013, 07:30 PM

6,450 posts, read 6,601,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
I have a similar one . I am in college and its almost final exam time and I still haven't found out where my classes meet..I am frantically trying to find my schedule and where the classes meet..
I have that dream all the time, but college was 30 years ago and even then I never missed classes very often..
^^^
I have that one a lot too!

ANother recurring dream takes place in various situations, in which I intentionally don't bother to put on any clothes for the event, thinking it won't be a big deal. Then I get to whatever the event is, and then I'm really embarrassed and frustrated with myself for thinking it wouldn't be a big deal to show up with no clothes! I'll be telling myself, "Why didn't you just take the time to get dressed?! You ALWAYS do this, and then you always regret it!"

My other main recurring dream is one in which I'm sort of running, but it's several feet up in the air. Each stride is extremely long (covers a lot of distance) and is effortless. I look down on the other people walking, and think, "Don't they realize how easy this is to do?" In real life I can't run at all without getting totally winded.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:47 AM

1,159 posts, read 1,832,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyj19 View Post
Does it mean anything when you repeatedly have dreams about one particular person? Not big on dream analysis or psychoanalyzing like other people are but I wonder if there's some significance to it. Is it really your subconscious telling you something or is it just coincidence?
Consider what the person who reoccurs symbolizes personality wise. Often the subconscious will use a person with a specific personality trait, to bring meaning to a dream.
Kind of like a kid uses a specific color crayon to illustrate something. For example, if you regularly dream of a friend who is super organized and rigidly on time, the dream is pointing out that trait and where you might be able to us that trait in your life. At least this is what I have read.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:49 AM

1,159 posts, read 1,832,080 times
Also...on the same note.....

Sometime people dream of kissing someone who in real life they never would....like say a boss or a relative. It does not mean you have an actual attraction to this person physically, but rather you are drawn to a personality trait they have that you could incorporate or wish to use in your own life.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:46 AM

18 posts, read 25,766 times
If you repeatedly have same dream. It means you would have thinking about particular person.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:24 AM

13,032 posts, read 24,546,560 times
I have incredibly vivid dreams many of them recurring. Some of them are more obvious in their meaning than others. For example I need to get home ( I am always a teenager) but cannot remember my address or how to get there ( probably due to a childhood spent moving around every few months and being estranged from my Father)

Others are just plain bizarre with me talking to wild animals or being chased down the subway with someone trying to get at me to kill me. I do get fairly common ones like falling but never hitting the ground and loosing all my teeth ( both which feel so real I often wake up really upset) also but most of my dreams are surreal and really intricate, almost like elaborate movies.

Hubby never remembers his dreams which it me is really odd. I remember mine pretty much every single morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology