Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 07:25 AM

1 posts, read 582 times

Advertisements

I always have a reoccurring dream with one person in particular. Also, I met my husband in a dream with said reoccurring person. I literally never saw my husband before that dream and the very next day this dude (now my husband since social media started to flourish during that time) messaged me. To this day he doesn't believe that I literally met him in my dreams. The reoccurring person was my hs sweetheart and best friend, but we had a huge falling out and don't speak in reality anymore. The weird part is this person will give me advice and actually help me in my dreams. Usually if I have a question or problem this person will show up and try to help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2016, 06:29 AM

1 posts, read 521 times
OK this is quite an old thread. If anyone still frequents here, I hope to hear some theories.....

For the past 10 years (maybe longer) I dream about a college friend 2 - 4 times a month, it always coincides with hormonal cycles, the dream varies from seeing the person in a parking lot at the college we went to( the first one), to riding a roller coaster last night....the night before I was just sitting on a red paisley couch talking with them about nothing in particular. The dreams are usually pleasant, non specific to time and place and activities, just interacting with this same person....who I haven't seen in 17 years. We didnt stay in contact after college for long because while they dont mean to be peculiar, they just are. They see the world from a slightly paranoid slant, and it is hard to have a conversation and keep a straight face with the conspiracy theories that pop up.

The obvious thought is that I miss this person, and my brain wants to be friends again...but as I said - my friend is a bit "out there", and wasnt always the easiest person to be around (although in my dreams they are pleasant and none of the opinionated, left of center personality shows through). Soooo why is my subconscious hung up on this??

All ideas and thoughts welcome!

Old 06-01-2017, 08:54 AM

1 posts, read 383 times
A recurring dream of a young love prompted me to write a book of my life. It started out with actual events involving the young love and morphed into a story line that included scenes from a recurring dream about that person who got away. It has not been published, but my family and friends love it. The very strange thing is that the recurring dreams are still there but the dream relationship with the young love is much more personal. It's almost as though we have come to an understanding. I am 80 and still in love with the man that got away.

Old 06-01-2017, 09:58 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,788,219 times
I have had a recurring dream about a friend of mine for years. He and I enter a small space under the stairs in our old middle school. (We went to school together from kindergarten through high school.) There are stalactites and stalagmites in the space and we both express our bafflement at this.

This friend died a number of years ago and since his passing, the dream has changed. In the new recurring dream, he tells me something "very important" that I'm supposed to remember. But I can never remember it upon waking.

I'm not sure what it means, to be honest. I had a strong friendship connection with him, so my mind probably brings him to the forefront once in awhile.

Old 06-10-2017, 09:28 AM

1,058 posts, read 676,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babuhyjay View Post
I always have a reoccurring dream with one person in particular. Also, I met my husband in a dream with said reoccurring person. I literally never saw my husband before that dream and the very next day this dude (now my husband since social media started to flourish during that time) messaged me. To this day he doesn't believe that I literally met him in my dreams. The reoccurring person was my hs sweetheart and best friend, but we had a huge falling out and don't speak in reality anymore. The weird part is this person will give me advice and actually help me in my dreams. Usually if I have a question or problem this person will show up and try to help.
This is very interesting. Thanks for sharing. I am a vivid dreamer as well. I don't know why some us have the experience and others don't, but it is certainly interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology