Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: how do you feel about your life?
Life sucks, no point of living, maybe dying is less painful. 17 10.56%
life is meaningless, boring, depressing, sad. 26 16.15%
life is what you make of it, but dont look forward to anything 34 21.12%
life has ups and downs, but its still good 45 27.95%
life is ok, more good than bad 22 13.66%
life is awesome, if I die i will not regret anything, happy everyday 17 10.56%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 07:38 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,803,430 times

Advertisements

Life seems to be getting worse by the day. I'm with Doll Eyes, I'd honestly rather not wake up. Just found out a friend I care about a ridiculous amount has been cheating on his wife with another friend, and he's being very withdrawn/distant from me. The news has caused my world to collapse, when it was already really bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2013, 08:14 PM

2,135 posts, read 4,279,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Life seems to be getting worse by the day. I'm with Doll Eyes, I'd honestly rather not wake up. Just found out a friend I care about a ridiculous amount has been cheating on his wife with another friend, and he's being very withdrawn/distant from me. The news has caused my world to collapse, when it was already really bad.
But why dwell soo much about this?

Your friend obviously has morale issues. I dislike very much people who cheat, but I don't wish I didn't wake up in the morning because of it.

There are millions who live a humble and very good marriage.

It seems the people who "dislike life" dwell on things too much. They see a drunk driver hit and kill a child and think everyone in the world is like that. There are millions....billions even who are very righteous and generous people. You can't surmise your life on the few who are bad.

Old 04-10-2013, 01:40 PM

149 posts, read 343,905 times
For years I had a good happy life but then a chain of events started that seems to still be going on.It really does seem as tho a curse has been placed on me and my family.It is as tho I am fighting the devil himself almost daily.My energy is drained and I just keep praying for a miracle.I try to help make what I can better but it is never enough.
I feel like I am 200 yrs.old.
I always loved life and people now I am so beat down I hardly wont to get envolved with anything.There are children in my life that need me so I keep trying to hang in there.I belive God does have a plan for everyone,so Im waiting and doing what I am strong enough to do untill hopefully a breakthrough comes through for me and my family.It really makes me wonder how much longer I can continue on this way.Im sure my health has been effected I use to be very physical and active now I can bearly stay ahead of the simple things on most days.I still have hope tho that when the time is right God can make me feel good again not only 1or2 days a week but everyday.Unless Im dieing I shouldnt feel this bad.Its hard to deal with the stress my family and I are going through but could this really make one feel like they are weak and about to kill over?

Old 04-10-2013, 01:57 PM

800 posts, read 510,064 times
Lots of complaining about life in here, but I can undersrand why. The internet is indeed a way to vent, even if sometimes venting to people in person would be more helpful(or they might just think you're a drag and walk away.) Myself...I'm regretful every day of misses opportunities that I had in the past. I have very few friends, although a pretty good girlfriend. Ive got a dead end job and everyday I feel bitter about people who I feel work less than me and get paid more. Many other problems I could list but overall life isnt too bad as long as I have music to listen to, a gym to workout at, and some tastu healthy snacks in the fridge. Focusing on the simple things like that can overcome a lot.

Old 04-10-2013, 02:35 PM

9,915 posts, read 9,634,248 times
its hard in a situation where you feel beat down and depressed, sad or overwhelmed. it is hard to just "get over it" (wish people would not say that).. because if we COULD get over it we would.

That said, I know i've had ups and downs, and on those days i am overwhelmed i kinda go with that and not try to bust out of it, but let my body just process it, eventually it goes away. if you are someone who it does not go away after a while and you are sick of it, then what i find has helped is to get out of my environment and be active.. i mean even just go for a walk even. or just go somewhere else. it may not help right away (or maybe it will).. but i find that wallowing in it is just going to make me wallow.. oh yeah, I allow myself to wallow if my body needs it, I dont know, maybe it is processing some grief or sadness.. but then if i want to get out, i have to move my body somewhere else.

and i know trusting in God is good, however, if i wait for God to do it for me, I mgiht be sitting there for awhile, I still think i have to begin moving and then God gives me strength to keep on. just like Jesus said to the paralyzed "Get up, take up your bed and walk" so you see even Jesus made the person get up and he gave them strength to do it.

so that may help. if not, i have other ideas. I just sometimes have to get in my car and go aimlessly driving in the suburbs where thers lots of trees and pretty nature.. or walk around the mall, just something different to refresh my surroundings.

then again, some people need medicine to give them the boost. so im not a doctor, but im sharing what has helped me. I have had my bad days and but i dont like to stay there too long. but somehow i might want to move, but the inertia and strength is not there. i might spend a few days just watching tv and staring at it. its ok, its ok to do that sometiems! it really is.

the other day i was so exhausted, leaving work, but after i walked home from the bus, in the fresh air i felt energized. then before i went to my apartment, once i got there i would be on the couch the whole night, but i decided to go out in the car and to the store.. you know, it helped! i got moving, got refreshed and it helped me not be exhausted.

Old 04-10-2013, 09:39 PM

273 posts, read 1,062,216 times
made too many mistakes in the past. some residue of that still remains in my behaviors which i am trying to reduce but i do love life. i am not rich nor am i popular (nor care to be). i just love sleeping, eating, and doing what i like (maybe go for a walk, or read some stuff, or play some games). freedom is incredible. that and my almost gone youth (i am 36).

it has been said that the greatest gift a man has is his breath. and when a man loves a woman, he desires her as much as a man desires one more breath of air when he is on his last, about to die.

live laugh and smile! : D

and stop planning! no one is guaranteed tomorrow. just be happy : )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology