Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: how do you feel about your life?
Life sucks, no point of living, maybe dying is less painful. 17 10.56%
life is meaningless, boring, depressing, sad. 26 16.15%
life is what you make of it, but dont look forward to anything 34 21.12%
life has ups and downs, but its still good 45 27.95%
life is ok, more good than bad 22 13.66%
life is awesome, if I die i will not regret anything, happy everyday 17 10.56%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 06:12 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,450,670 times

Advertisements

I went for "life is what you make of it, but dont look forward to anything".

I think when life seems wrong and not as you wish or has no direction, it is your own fault somewhere along the line. It's all about attitude. Mine has been unnecessarily negative and that leads to a life of failure and destruction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 07:14 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,375,748 times
Life is awesome. I didn't always feel this way and I have periods of melancholy, but overall I love my life and feel very blessed.

Old 12-27-2012, 07:15 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,375,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
Volunteer. Do some good for others. You will gain self esteem, meet people, actually help other people in need and who knows what else.
I totally agree with this. Volunteerism is a wonderful way to help others and yourself.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:50 PM

3,055 posts, read 2,941,893 times
It's interesting to see I'm not in the minority right now (I picked the "ups and downs" choice, so far an average choice); I often feel I exist mainly in the margins, though that's probably not as true as I perceive it to be. I've come to the impression that there is a good percentage of people that are actually rather more complex than what they may initially appear to be. It's also interesting that the majority has a rather negative view; I always thought I was negative, but I suppose it is just in certain situations.

Somehow I've been exceptionally fortunate so far in my life, though I'm always expecting the bottom to drop out eventually. I suppose I can only enjoy it while it lasts and pray that God will give me the strength to endure the hard times ahead.

I often fall into states of melancholy, though I feel it is necessary to my artwork, and am often lonely for I can find no one to whom I can communicate my deepest feelings and passions; that seems to be the major negatives thus far. Well, personally, I feel that for most people to truly enjoy life, they must have a passion for something. The passion I have is for something very rare (which I speculate is why I have such a difficult time relating to people in more than a superficial way), but I am thankful so much that I have discovered it and can indulge in it at times.

I aso hope that anyone truly suffering from depression (not sadness) will be able to get some help and get out of it; I have bouts of a mild version in the summers, and it is truly the worst feeling in the world because it is mainly a lack of feeling.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:52 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,582,718 times
what part of it? u mean retirement?.
the last 5 years made up for the first 59

Old 12-28-2012, 04:36 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,430,232 times
Default It is easy to be me

My life is exceptionally good, and I can't imagine it being any better.

Old 12-28-2012, 04:39 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,552,365 times
life is awesome, if I die i will not regret anything, happy everyday

Right now im living with my siblings, did some dumb things when i was a teenager but im a good kid now. My only complaint is how lazy i am, i'm not really motivated to do anything. I'm 21 and never worked a day in my life, i did go out a couple months ago to get some job applications but it was to much work for me to even fill them out so yea im kind of a loser.

I have done craigslist work every once in awhile, but i lost a good friend who tried to buy an iphone off Craigslist and lets just say he never got his iphone... so im trying to find other ways to make money.

I guess i am going to college but im only going part time and i need a coffee with 3 shots of espresso to make it through my classes.

Old 12-28-2012, 04:44 PM

165 posts, read 307,782 times
Life is dumb.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:27 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,285,992 times
Lately, I am feeling very resentful.

Resentful that my life has been so hard and loveless.

It starts with your parents, if you were never loved as a child it seems to set you up for a lifetime of struggle.

It's only now in my late 40's that I am realising just how much I was cheated out of.

So many ingrates on this forum, complaining that their mother did this, their sister said that...at least you HAVE a goddam family~!

Old 12-28-2012, 05:37 PM

20,133 posts, read 13,585,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
For me life is above good. Just this year alone I went on three international vacations. I've raised three kids, all who have turned out much better then I expected and the last one left the house. I've been married to a beautiful woman for 33 yrs and we are both going to retire in about 4 yrs and travel the rest of the world.

I still have my health, although my blood pressure is now borderline. All in all, I cannot complain about life at all on a personal basis. Its been very good too me.
That is almost too good to be true ... you're livin' the dream, guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology