Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: how do you feel about your life?
Life sucks, no point of living, maybe dying is less painful. 17 10.56%
life is meaningless, boring, depressing, sad. 26 16.15%
life is what you make of it, but dont look forward to anything 34 21.12%
life has ups and downs, but its still good 45 27.95%
life is ok, more good than bad 22 13.66%
life is awesome, if I die i will not regret anything, happy everyday 17 10.56%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 08:18 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,438,694 times

Advertisements

I had a great loving family... I unfortunatly made some bad desioins in my own life.. As much as i'd like to blame someone for my own life mess up's I can not..

No.. I commited no crimes or killed anyone...I still made some pretty ****ty choices..

I may be 42 years old and it took me a long time to learn from my own ****ty choices..
I just may be at that point right now.. where I maybe learn from past errors..

I do say may-be because I'm not going to make a promiss to you or me that a may or may not be able to keep..

Happy New Year--- Calig..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 11:43 AM

365 posts, read 491,168 times
Well, i'll be honest and say that i was one of the people that picked the 1st,answer. Ey, it doesn't mean you're suicidal i hope... cause i'm just sad lol.
Has anyone ever felt like this and this is the reason why,
I did matter to a lot of people, i loved to help people and they'd always ask. No matter what i'd take time out of my day to help other people and i loved doing it. But it seems the older that i've got the more people are either solving their own problems or just not asking for help. I feel just like i'm a support type of person, if i'm not supporting someone else then i'm sad myself.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:17 PM

2,135 posts, read 4,279,903 times
Damn a lot of people have crappy lives. I hope everyone gets better though. This is terrible soo many people don't have even decent lives. I love everyday of my life, I wish more people could feel the way I do. Unfortunately it isn't that easy.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:38 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,853,363 times
Don't ask...

Old 01-06-2013, 09:15 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,037,460 times
Life is so fascinating and intriguing to me. The ups, the downs, the lessons, observing and feeling others, the emotions...I can honestly say that I love it. Does it mean I'm happy everyday? Absolutely not. There are days I wish I could crawl under a rock with a bottle of liquor but that doesn't make life any less beautiful to me.

I didn't have a great childhood. I learned my fight or flight responses quite early. I've also had some pretty unpleasant things happen to me as a young adult. The life I thought I'd have isn't even really an option anymore. I wasn't ever going to marry, have children, live in NYC, write, have a cat. Now I'm married, have children, husband can't stand the thought of NYC, have horrific writer's block and I have a son that is severely allergic to cats.

I guess if I wanted to I could be completely bitter and upset on how things have unfolded but I decided there really is no point in that so I made new goals and seek out new desires. I went to school for massage therapy and love it. I express myself through cooking instead of writing. I have a dog as snobby as a cat sometimes. I love my children more than I ever thought I could. My husband, too....

So even when life pisses me off or makes me cry, for me, it's all part of the big picture along with the good times.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:23 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,799,481 times
life is great. it's certain people who ruin it.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:52 PM

188 posts, read 304,905 times
My life is mostly crappy. I am suffering from severe loneliness and depression. Since elementary school I was suffering from severe depression, social anxiety and extreme loneliness. I also never have gotten any positive attention from a woman that I found attractive which also triggered my depression and feelings of loneliness.

Often times I wish I was just never born at all because my life is of little significance. I also joined another forum because there the people can at least understand how I feel.

Last edited by Mr. Freak; 01-06-2013 at 10:20 PM..

Old 01-07-2013, 08:45 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,803,430 times
My life is awful. Extreme loneliness. No success. A lot of psychological barriers to deal with. Weak support system.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:31 PM

4,555 posts, read 4,080,328 times
The 6 choices for the poll are all different flavours of what you might get if you exert no control over your life... Not everybody lives in a fashion where they just get what they get and then sum it all up on a 1 to 6 scale.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:22 AM

142 posts, read 206,344 times
Well, I had better begin with saying I am not suicidal at the moment but have been in the past.
Now, with that out of the way, I can't think of many times in my life when I have felt useful to others. I surely have been picked on, shouted down to, made an example of who not to look like and be in life.
I just heard about Mindy McCready committing suicide and I can under why she would do it. Like her, bad things come at me even when I am making the best of a situation. Right now on my life I can't think of one person who has needed my company. As a matter of fact, everyone in my life has been dishonest and only come to me when the want something. My life is tragic. I am not seeking out attention here, it's just the darned truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology