Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: how do you feel about your life?
Life sucks, no point of living, maybe dying is less painful. 17 10.56%
life is meaningless, boring, depressing, sad. 26 16.15%
life is what you make of it, but dont look forward to anything 34 21.12%
life has ups and downs, but its still good 45 27.95%
life is ok, more good than bad 22 13.66%
life is awesome, if I die i will not regret anything, happy everyday 17 10.56%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 03:07 AM

438 posts, read 660,505 times

Advertisements

I have been shoulding myself lately and feeling guilty for not following through. Also going through the what if stage. What if I live too long or hurt myself. What if I die. Too many what ifs and shoulds. Life is boring even though I am actively doing some volunteer work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2013, 05:16 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,205,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Because being on welfare is depressing. Working is energizing. In case the person is feeling bad and not working, then thats what i recommend- get active.
I honestly don't think you read what I wrote, Many people with depression and other mental illnesses work and DON'T live on welfare. What does government have to do with this discussion?

Old 02-24-2013, 05:45 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,671,477 times
my life as it has been in the past? ups and downs, smiles and frowns.
my life as it is now? good and bad, i'm not that mad.
my life as it will be in the future? i'm anticipating it with glee. smiling, i can't help but do.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:53 PM

11,368 posts, read 9,280,838 times
There is no option for me to vote in the poll.
The closest would be "life is okay" but it is not more good than bad by any means.

Agree with the poster that said life is overrated. I posted exactly that in another part of this board the other day without looking here.

It started with a terrible childhood that I still get flashbacks as a constant reminder. I wish that would go away. I totally blame my religious upbringing for that.

I hate being alone as much as I am but the truth is that due to past bad experiences I trust very few people. So I cope with it and that doesn't make me happy because things should be much better than they are. I am working on my lack of friends and the trust issue I have but it's not easy and may not ever get solved.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:47 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,874,317 times
I hate my life. I'm useless.

Old 02-27-2013, 08:23 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,586,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
I honestly don't think you read what I wrote, Many people with depression and other mental illnesses work and DON'T live on welfare. What does government have to do with this discussion?
Because - just in case anyone is on welfare, it can be depressing. Thats what it has to do with this topic. Being without money and depending on the government can be depressing and make someone invalid and impotent (i dont mean sexually - i mean emotionally/mood-wise).

so i was offering a helpful hint in case you didn't know it.

Old 02-28-2013, 01:07 AM

438 posts, read 660,505 times
I was thinking about this thread and what I could do to lift my spirits. I am going to get a massage this week. I have been remiss in getting massage because I want to change therapists. It has been so long since someone has touched me and I believe in the power of human touch.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:35 AM

132 posts, read 188,384 times
Yeah I have recently started going out by myself to lift my spirits up since I have a severe lack of friends. I also booked a 7-Day trip to Vegas by myself to go to concerts, play poker and party to just put myself out there where I can be free.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:53 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,205,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Because - just in case anyone is on welfare, it can be depressing. Thats what it has to do with this topic. Being without money and depending on the government can be depressing and make someone invalid and impotent (i dont mean sexually - i mean emotionally/mood-wise).

so i was offering a helpful hint in case you didn't know it.
I guess welfare is at the forefront of your mind, I wouldn't assume that anyone here is on welfare unless they say they are but O.K.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:11 PM

31,035 posts, read 22,064,322 times
FIRST: I love all of you, my CD Brethren, even the really odd ones

I picked "life is ok, more good than bad " but I have short periods of Clarity and Awesomeness that I love to share with all. Gotta ride the waves when they come!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology