Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-03-2013, 04:50 PM
 
Location: Tampa, Florida
666 posts, read 1,292,895 times
Reputation: 525

Advertisements

As time passes and I continue discovering the evil of humanity as a whole (with the exception of a few people, perhaps not more than 10% of the human population) I fear I may develop a general hatred against humans as a species who is only interested in destroying the planet both physically and spiritually.

I understand that some people are good as I mentioned in another thread, but it's really easy to develop misanthropy reading the news and facing the ugly truth on how evil overcomes good in most humans.

I just read that celebrity sl*t Kim Kardashian is considering getting $16 MILLION for having her stupid pregnancy broadcasted. I mean, how can this not boost misanthropy? Not only she but also those who are willing to give such an amount of money to already rich people?

I mentioned before about the general evil, with examples as

1. Outstanding hypocrisy and fakeness in religious institutions
2. General greed, such as corporations preferring to unemploy people to move overseas and pay a misery to get the most money possible
3. Unfaithfulness and high divorces rates
4. Sexual perversions more common than people imagine
5. Political corruption and mafia
6. Display of human evil from really early ages, proven by the fact of so many cases of school bullying in elementary schools
7. Lack of understanding in family
8. Disloyalty of most friendships today
9. History proves how evil humans are- Crusades, Inquisition, Roman Empire, extinction of indian natives in thr Americas
10. Arrogance and petulance of a lot of people

I just can't see how we even dare to deceive children into believing this is a wonderful world. Because it isn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-03-2013, 05:34 PM
 
19,073 posts, read 27,655,039 times
Reputation: 20284
But it's actually very easy. You simply stop paying attention to this. There is "world" and then there are "you", and world is liable for its, and you are liable for yours. Only those who do not let dirt stick - do not get dirty.

I can not stop recommending this movie. Groundhog Day. When you watch it from philosophical perspective, you will notice the stages, main character is going through. One of them is just that - misanthropy. You may also notice, what gets him out of that curse of many many lives, lived and remembered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2013, 06:57 PM
 
43,011 posts, read 108,124,939 times
Reputation: 30724
I can't even imagine living life with such a miserable negative view of the world. I prefer to look for at the bright side of things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2013, 07:18 PM
 
936 posts, read 2,062,779 times
Reputation: 2253
Quote:
Originally Posted by espizarro View Post
As time passes and I continue discovering the evil of humanity as a whole (with the exception of a few people, perhaps not more than 10% of the human population) I fear I may develop a general hatred against humans as a species who is only interested in destroying the planet both physically and spiritually.

I understand that some people are good as I mentioned in another thread, but it's really easy to develop misanthropy reading the news and facing the ugly truth on how evil overcomes good in most humans.

I just read that celebrity sl*t Kim Kardashian is considering getting $16 MILLION for having her stupid pregnancy broadcasted. I mean, how can this not boost misanthropy? Not only she but also those who are willing to give such an amount of money to already rich people?

I mentioned before about the general evil, with examples as

1. Outstanding hypocrisy and fakeness in religious institutions
2. General greed, such as corporations preferring to unemploy people to move overseas and pay a misery to get the most money possible
3. Unfaithfulness and high divorces rates
4. Sexual perversions more common than people imagine
5. Political corruption and mafia
6. Display of human evil from really early ages, proven by the fact of so many cases of school bullying in elementary schools
7. Lack of understanding in family
8. Disloyalty of most friendships today
9. History proves how evil humans are- Crusades, Inquisition, Roman Empire, extinction of indian natives in thr Americas
10. Arrogance and petulance of a lot of people

I just can't see how we even dare to deceive children into believing this is a wonderful world. Because it isn't.
The problem isn't with people, and the problem isn't with the world.
The problem is your attachment to the idea that the world should be better than it is.
Let go of your illusion that the world should be good, or better, or anything other than it is.
You go through the world, and you experience what you experience. It is neither good nor bad that anything in particular happened or didn't happen, except what you decide it to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2013, 04:36 AM
 
Location: New Jersey
8,711 posts, read 11,741,472 times
Reputation: 7604
Quote:
Originally Posted by espizarro View Post
As time passes and I continue discovering the evil of humanity as a whole (with the exception of a few people, perhaps not more than 10% of the human population) I fear I may develop a general hatred against humans as a species who is only interested in destroying the planet both physically and spiritually.

I understand that some people are good as I mentioned in another thread, but it's really easy to develop misanthropy reading the news and facing the ugly truth on how evil overcomes good in most humans.

I just read that celebrity sl*t Kim Kardashian is considering getting $16 MILLION for having her stupid pregnancy broadcasted. I mean, how can this not boost misanthropy? Not only she but also those who are willing to give such an amount of money to already rich people?

I mentioned before about the general evil, with examples as

1. Outstanding hypocrisy and fakeness in religious institutions
2. General greed, such as corporations preferring to unemploy people to move overseas and pay a misery to get the most money possible
3. Unfaithfulness and high divorces rates
4. Sexual perversions more common than people imagine
5. Political corruption and mafia
6. Display of human evil from really early ages, proven by the fact of so many cases of school bullying in elementary schools
7. Lack of understanding in family
8. Disloyalty of most friendships today
9. History proves how evil humans are- Crusades, Inquisition, Roman Empire, extinction of indian natives in thr Americas
10. Arrogance and petulance of a lot of people

I just can't see how we even dare to deceive children into believing this is a wonderful world. Because it isn't.

Understand this much: most of the people that claim the world to be 'such an amazing place' have generally had positive interactions with the people in it. Therefore deciding the world is a 'great place overall.' Basically, I don't take anything they say about it seriously. If they ever lived on the other side of the fence, they wouldn't be saying how 'amazing' it all is. The people with 'normal' or above average social skills and/or interactions with others have a major superiority complex about it. I guarantee any one on the opposite end of that has seen it on display numerous times. At this point, I am probably misanthropic and maybe even whatever is beyond that. Mostly I despise people for the ways in which they behave and the things that they say. It takes very little time to draw the conclusion that most of them are as full of sh*t as the day is long and most of them talk out of both sides of their mouths, if anyone bothered to pay close enough attention, they would see it as well. A lot of these people claim to be very very different but they are almost exactly alike.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2013, 04:49 AM
 
Location: Tampa, Florida
666 posts, read 1,292,895 times
Reputation: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Understand this much: most of the people that claim the world to be 'such an amazing place' have generally had positive interactions with the people in it. Therefore deciding the world is a 'great place overall.' Basically, I don't take anything they say about it seriously. If they ever lived on the other side of the fence, they wouldn't be saying how 'amazing' it all is. At this point, I am probably misanthropic and maybe even whatever is beyond that. Mostly I despise people for the ways in which they behave and the things that they say. It takes very little time to draw the conclusion that most of them are as full of sh*t as the day is long and most of them talk out of both sides of their mouths, if anyone bothered to pay close enough attention, they would see it as well.
I have been given the opportunity to have both lived a great time and a time of suffering. I still don't know what is to be homeless or live in total misery, but having lived with a two-year unemployment period and having my independence gone and back depending on others and seeing how difficult it has been to restore being a normal man again, I have closely observed the world around me, the extent of the evil of most humans, the hypocrisy, the lies, the fakeness... Now I have been said I am in depression, that I am pessimistic, that I am bitter and that I need help. Looks like the standards of the the world and having a happy life is living in the status quo and becoming a naive person again. I don't hate humanity as a whole since I have known a few people who have, so far, proven some loyalty and good, but the whay I used to see the world prior to so much unnecessary suffering? To have had a job in which I was bullied and humiliated by goddamn adults... Think that most people are good? People need to have serious situations in life to understand my point, otherwise their judging is utter nonsense and consolidates my current view of the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2013, 04:25 PM
 
19,073 posts, read 27,655,039 times
Reputation: 20284
Oh, I see. Hmmm... Well, you have two choices. Stay a loser, or pull your fices together, change attitude, and make yourself useful.
Oh, and before you go into telling me that I have to be in your shoes to understand, let me tell you something. Do you know what it means to lose everything in your life, be exiled and tossed out into permafrost to live in a frozen dirt hole for several years? When cup of milk is a blessing luxury? Do you know, what it means to slowly rebuild your life, just to have all your savings scratched by a five minute late news president speech? Have you burnt all your bridges and moved away from your motherland, to start from scratch again and succeed? Do you know, what it means to get up at 3 am, to catch bread wagon at 8, to be first in line, because they have only enough bread for the first 20 or so? Or all you have on the shelf at produce store is sea cabbage? And you have 2 kids to grow?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2013, 05:07 PM
 
14,725 posts, read 33,394,059 times
Reputation: 8949
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock1729 View Post
The problem is your attachment to the idea that the world should be better than it is.
People are a sum total of their life experiences. For some people, the world is good, and for others it's bad.

For Leona Helmsley, I'm sure she loved this world - one in which she could treat people however she wished and experienced no repercussions for it, except for her tax issues.
For people who lose children to early sicknesses or tragedies, and keep on having bad ***** happen to them, the world isn't so great.

Enough of the namby pamby coffee mug "feel good" messages. The answer is "It depends."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2013, 08:14 PM
 
936 posts, read 2,062,779 times
Reputation: 2253
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
People are a sum total of their life experiences. For some people, the world is good, and for others it's bad.

For Leona Helmsley, I'm sure she loved this world - one in which she could treat people however she wished and experienced no repercussions for it, except for her tax issues.
For people who lose children to early sicknesses or tragedies, and keep on having bad ***** happen to them, the world isn't so great.

Enough of the namby pamby coffee mug "feel good" messages. The answer is "It depends."
They're more than their experiences. They are also the evaluations they make about their experiences, as well as the beliefs they cling to in the face of their experiences and observations. And it's that clinging to the belief that the world should be nice and just and fair that is causing the OP to think so badly about the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2013, 01:14 AM
 
Location: The Island of Misfit Toys
2,765 posts, read 2,795,846 times
Reputation: 2366
You accept the world as it is, and you adjust accordingly. The culture is too horrible to deal with? Then don't deal with it. The culture is too far gone for you to fix? Then don't worry about it. Make yourself happy with what you have, with the positive things you still have access to, with the few people who still are amicable and share your view.

If there are zombies outside, don't worry about it. Stay indoors.

If the air on the surface is toxic, live underground.

Work with what you have and don't worry about what you don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top