Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 06:11 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perception View Post
African people are not in their natural state, none around the world, we mastered mathematics, astronomy/astrology and chemistry, after all Egypt's true name is Kemet, we've invented and mastered almost every science in the world but we robbed of all of that during our holocaust.

Well African people already have their own branch of psychology, scientific journal, and association of psychologists

No you didn't. You just learned it from Arab traders who passed through Africa. Just like you're "mastering" it now in American schools.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:42 AM

267 posts, read 202,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
There is medicine, which is based on Logic and Reason, not on the color of one's skin. Rational medical practice doesn't give a rat's ass about the color of one's skin. Any human can conduct medical research and cure disease. It has nothing to do with being any particular color, or no color at all.

There is psychology, which is based in Reason and Logic. Reason and Logic know no color. Reason and Logic are based on Reality, not on Race. Therefore, the idea of African Psychology is absurd, as would be the idea of Peruvian psychology. Any human who is versed in Reason and Logic can advance the field of Psychology, discovering new ways to help humans solve their problems. Such a discipline is independent of race.

I think in this day and age, all people should forget about their racial heritage. It is a waste of time and locks one into the primitive thinking of the past. It is counterproductive and wastes time and energy. Stick with Reason. It works better and leads to better individual decisions. Just be a great person. The rest takes care of itself.
You argue about logic and reason and this is what this is all about. Let me be clear and very clear. I DO NOT expect none of white folks to agree with me, nor do I care. Every white person giving me some refutation benefits from white supremacy, you benefit from white privilege. In your schools white folks are taught about the law, it schools of the Afrikan children we are subjected to the law, there is already a documented complex called the prison-industrial complex, that specifically targets Afrikan men now use your logic and reason to see the effects. Before the 80's when was cocaine heavily used in our communities many of you arrogant white people know the answer but you refuse to see the truth because it will rattle your world, perception and identity of self, that's cognitive dissonance in case you didn't know, logic and reason will advocate that.

Then you say people should forget about their heritage when it's easy for you to trace your lineage to your homeland. Many europeans came over here by choice Afrikan people were a stolen people and robbed of there very identity by the Portuguese, the very first, the French, the Spaniards and The Englishmen. Our identity was robbed by your ancestors, our history was either stolen and accredited to other people or was outright eradicated. Many Afrikans in America can't articulate their history beyond the slave trade which is our SECOND holocaust, and many younger can't even articulate their history during the 60's because it is not taught in the school system. It is known that whoever teaches the children, controls the future and who are the predominant teachers in our community, white middle class women.

The arrogance of the white race, and I can be specific if you don't like the term white. Anyways the arrogance of the white race is one of you people's most digusting traits, you honestly believe you know everything and that your people brought civilizations to it's highest pinnacle when it was the AFRIKAN ISLAMIC MOORS who civilized you and brought you out the dark ages, these dark ages only apply to your people at that time. Logic and reason prevails, Mendel's Law is one that will shoot down your claims.

SN: Peru is more of nationality not race so try and use a better example.

[quote=Marc Paolella;28038923][quote=Perception;28038213]Garveyism failed because Gay Edgar Hoover deported The Honorable Marcus Mosiah Garvey and even then it didn't fail. His U.N.I.A. organization is still alive, the concept of Garveyism is alive and well and he is a prophet to an entire religion. To speak on things you do not understand is unwise
Quote:

Garveyism is totally irrational. It is based on racism as a fundamental tenet of decision making. That just doesn't make any logical sense at all. It seems to me that Garveyism is based on hatred and emotionalism, and throws Reason and Logic right out the philosophical window. How can that ever lead to anything but failure and misery?
Failure and misery? Irrational? So these are the words you use to describe Garveyism, yet from these words I can tell you know NOTHING about it. You research the subject yourself then you come and attack my philosophies, if you still feel the need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenWood View Post
You don't seem to be proffering any reasoning yourself, which I find disappointing. Your "refutations" thus far pretty much boil down to "you're wrong because you're close-minded; I'm right because I'm enlightened." That's all well and good, but you still haven't really said why. How alive and well is Garveyism? How big is its following? What are its plans for the future and when will it make the earth-shattering impact it sets out to achieve?

Also, as terrible of a person J. Edgar Hoover was, cut it with the "gay" BS. His sexuality is completely irrelevant in this context, not to mention the fact it's extremely hypocritical for someone to decry white supremacy while behaving homophobically.
Did I strike a nerve when I said gay? And do you equate the usage of that word with the disease of homophobia or the symptoms of that dosease? If so you should see a psychologist. No I will continue to call that man Gay Edgar Hoover and if you don't like it call the FCC.

Now you say I don't offer any reasons but you don't acknowledge because either you refuse to note it, or like i said to a poster before you're experience cognitive dissonance. It's true that i haven't previously went in depth because i know you won't accept what i'm saying you won't attempt to refute because i'm either a) a racist or b) a crybaby or c) a liar.

If I do go into the context of our holocaust, I would like for someone to refute to truly refute, discredit and disprove what I'm saying beyond any reasonable doubt.

With you I'll bring up the aspect of self-hate within my people. Why when we're young we're given the image of white jesus and told this is god's son, he's usually depicted with white skin then we look at our skin. We're told that God made man in his image, we're told of god's chosen people and how do they look? They're white. In school we're given the white man's history of the world, which never spotlight Afrika only Europe, America, Greece and Rome and what is the skin color of these people we learn about? White. We look at the news and the predominance of criminals reported are black, from drug dealers to a more harder breed. We're told in the most subtle way that thus are they only way we are. Our role models the media gives us are drug dealers, rappers and athletes, but many of our men are locked away because of the country's racist laws and pedophile judges.

Now of course we have ourselves to blame as well, but all can be traced back to this country's war on the very architects of this nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
No you didn't. You just learned it from Arab traders who passed through Africa. Just like you're "mastering" it now in American schools.
Oh is that right? The justification if you people who refuse to see the Afrikan race for who we truly are. Since you such an expert of the heritage of my people why don't you enlighten me about the ingenuity of Ethiopian Empire, the same empire that taught the Greeks everything they know, or what about the Ndongo/Angola Empire, the ones who kept the Portuguese scared in the midst of the slave trade, or how about you enlighten me on the Kuban empire who resisted white rule until the early 20th century. I would go on to name many more etched from the history of the world but I'm wary of what you will do with the information. Seeing as history shows that you people use whatever you can to further you imperialistic rule.

Now I'm not speaking on the individual caucasoid but as a collective you aren't being exterminated, or effeminized but you do uphold the system that does this to Afrikan people. The very reason why we need our own branch and why we DO have our own branch of psychology.

Old 02-03-2013, 08:10 AM

2,256 posts, read 2,130,838 times
This nonsense is why I identify as mixed and not just black.

This foolishness.

And you may want to do some more research. All the claims about Africans teaching Greeks like Plato and such have been debunked...

What exactly has come from Africa besides Ebola, Charles Taylor and lots of whining???

All "Africans" are not the same. And your continual insistence that they are is ignorant, silly and quite offensive...

Old 02-03-2013, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
This nonsense is why I identify as mixed and not just black.

This foolishness.

And you may want to do some more research. All the claims about Africans teaching Greeks like Plato and such have been debunked...

What exactly has come from Africa besides Ebola, Charles Taylor and lots of whining???

All "Africans" are not the same. And your continual insistence that they are is ignorant, silly and quite offensive...
Show me where it was debunked, I've done plenty of research and Afrikan were the first to navigate the seas, why don't you look up the origins and etymology of the word Egypt, then tell me how the greeks came to give the people of the northeastern Ethiopian Empire. And like i said cognitive dissonance is something you'll experience and I'm not surprised I could care less if you're offended.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Show me where it was debunked, I've done plenty of research and Afrikan were the first to navigate the seas, why don't you look up the origins and etymology of the word Egypt, then tell me how the greeks came to give the people of the northeastern Ethiopian Empire. And like i said cognitive dissonance is something you'll experience and I'm not surprised I could care less if you're offended.
Um you are making the claim that myth is fact. You make the claim then you prove it.

There have been multiple studies and books showing that this idea is false

Here is one for you to start.

Not Out of Africa: How Afrocentrism Became an Excuse to Teach Myth as History

You may want to actually study the truth and not what fits your racist world view.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Um you are making the claim that myth is fact. You make the claim then you prove it.

There have been multiple studies and books showing that this idea is false

Here is one for you to start.

Not Out of Africa: How Afrocentrism Became an Excuse to Teach Myth as History

You may want to actually study the truth and not what fits your racist world view.

LMAO it's funny anything about black empowerment is considered racist to you people, I wonder why is that?

Read the below and Kemet isn't spelled the way it is in the quote it's spelled KMT. Now disprove with a source other than the one you stated, just so I can be sure it's more than one book like you said. But what I'm saying is or should be common knowledge however the ego of the collective white race, who dominates the world now won't allow it to be say but enough of my commentary go ahead and read about the people who civilized your people.

Quote:
Where did this meteoric rise to prominence come from? Scholars attribute much of Greece’s development to its internalization. For 500 years it was peacefully allowed to redevelop itself, astoundingly without any outside threats. But the loftiest of the pursuits of the Greeks would not have been possible were it not for another nearby civilization, one that was established millennia before even Mycenae was founded. The culture was called Kemet. You know it as Egypt.

The civilization that built the Sphinx, raised the pyramids and built the world’s first library also produced the world’s first physician, created geometry and astronomy and were among the first to explore the nature of our existence. And they passed their knowledge along to the Greeks. Modern people, in turn, have benefited greatly from this early education.

So what exactly did the Greeks learn from the Kemites?

The Kemetic Mystery System
It’s well-documented that classical Greek thinkers traveled to what we now call Egypt to expand their knowledge. When the Greek scholars Thales, Hippocrates, Pythagoras, Socrates, Plato and others traveled to Kemet, they studied at the temple-universities Waset and Ipet Isut. Here, the Greeks were inducted into a wide curriculum that encompassed both the esoteric as well as the practical.

Tourists walk the university-temple at Karnak, called Ipet Isut by the Kemites and renamed by the conquering Persians. It was here that many of the Greek scholars learned about science and spirituality.
Thales was the first to go to Kemet. He was introduced to the Kemetic Mystery System — the knowledge that formed the basis of the Kemites’ understanding of the world, which had been developed over the previous 4,500 years. After he returned, Thales made a name for himself by accurately predicting a solar eclipse and demonstrating how to measure the distance of a ship at sea. He encouraged others to make their way to Kemet to study [source: Texas A&M].

In Kemet, Hippocrates, the “father of medicine,” learned of disease from the previous explorations of Imhotep, who established diagnostic medicine 2,500 years earlier. This early renaissance man — priest, astronomer and physician — was described as “the first figure of a physician to stand out clearly in the mists of antiquity” by the British medical trailblazer William Osler [source: Osler]. In Kemet, Pythagoras, the “father of mathematics,” learned calculus and geometry from the Kemetic priests based on a millennia-old papyrus.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:
LMAO it's funny anything about black empowerment is considered racist to you people, I wonder why is that?
You people?

Hahahahahahhahahahah

You may want to look at my bio and read the part about race...

Racists always are way out there...

You embarrass me...

Old 02-03-2013, 10:49 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_J View Post
I am white and once attended a "cultural sensitivity training seminar". This was geared more toward the workplace and management, but would be a good thing for anyone dealing with various cultures to attend.

This seminar was eye opening to say the least. A manager can walk into work, walk by the workers and not say a word, and by doing so, TOTALLY tick them off! That is not acceptable with some cultures.

Or you could be sitting with the bottom of your foot pointing at someone of another culture and tick that person off! (Legs crossed or propped up on a table.)

So far as counseling, a person of another culture could explain [to the counselor] they are ticked at their boss or another person because he walked by without saying a word or pointed the bottom of his foot at them. If the counselor is not aware of differences in various cultures, then I imagine that could lead to a not so good session!

Anyway yes various cultures do have differences.
Intriguing. I took a similar class...years ago. And thought I was "educated". Then, as my life meandered along,
I had relationships with black men, and men from Mexico, Cuba, Brazil, Puerto Rico...I write each of those countries out, because those men cannot be lumped as "Hispanic", because each culture is separate and distinct...same as African American men...I learned more about the black culture in America from those relationships than any grad school, "multi cultural" awareness class.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:51 AM

Quote:
You people?

Hahahahahahhahahahah

You may want to look at my bio and read the part about race...

Racists always are way out there...

You embarrass me...
O I embarrass you? That's funny, you're biracial and you claim your ethnicity is Irish and maybe IDK ignoring the Afrikan heritage within in you either it doesn't matter I don't make refutations based on personal matters, it debases the topic and leads nowhere. But i don't represent you at all, and how am I racist, show me ONE racist quote I've made, or insinuate some form of racism and you'll find that you're speaking out your ass.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Every white person giving me some refutation benefits from white supremacy, you benefit from white privilege.

The arrogance of the white race, and I can be specific if you don't like the term white. Anyways the arrogance of the white race is one of you people's most digusting traits, you honestly believe you know everything
Racist...

Quote:
O I embarrass you? That's funny, you're biracial and you claim your ethnicity is Irish and maybe IDK ignoring the Afrikan heritage within in you either it doesn't matter I don't make refutations based on personal matters, it debases the topic and leads nowhere. But i don't represent you at all, and how am I racist, show me ONE racist quote I've made, or insinuate some form of racism and you'll find that you're speaking out your ass.
Biologically I am black and white.

However my ethnicity is Irish. I was raised Irish, my culture is Irish.

The only thing I deny us the racism, whining, lack of responsibility and historical revisionism that Afrocentrism breeds.

You being exhibit A...

And don't even get me started on your homophobia...

And yes... You embarrass me. As someone with shared ancestry and as a human being...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology