Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 11:48 AM

267 posts, read 201,820 times

Advertisements

African people are currently in the midst of the worst holocaust in human history and the effects should be thoroughly researched by black psychologists. Africans of the diaspora and of of the homeland should not only have have the problems diagnosed, and symptoms described but also given thorough solutions to rid them of the psychological deprivation.

The causes of the psychological uniqueness among African people are caused by white supremacy, colonization, division among men and women (systematically), and the robbing by our oppressors of our language, customs, history, traditions, values and knowledge of self. I feel that blacks who become reacquainted with the truth of our people should lead in this field.

I will also that whites should not participate in this field because it would only be detrimental to the field. And would leave African people in a status not true to their original being and state of self.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:53 AM

4,866 posts, read 10,475,463 times
Don't bring in Africans and other diaspora blacks into this, their experiences, history, and culture are very different from yours. The tenuous connection of white colonialism isn't enough, their experiences are much more akin to those of other non-black colonized people in the old world where they remained a majority and kept their language and traditions etc, like India, Vietnam and the South Pacific.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:24 PM

109 posts, read 276,262 times
Really??? Gimmie is undoubtly our future... and how well its worked out for the past 50+ years is not up for debate.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:31 PM

799 posts, read 1,090,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
Don't bring in Africans and other diaspora blacks into this, their experiences, history, and culture are very different from yours. The tenuous connection of white colonialism isn't enough, their experiences are much more akin to those of other non-black colonized people in the old world where they remained a majority and kept their language and traditions etc, like India, Vietnam and the South Pacific.
Not necessarily, you do know that AFRICOM is the re-colonization and practical financial rape of Africa. You see people all across the continent have experienced the same white colonialism, starts with missionaries who push religion on the people, then come what some would term economic hitmen to the region for "humanitarian aid" of course, and then military intervention because of "terrorist". The history of the T.A.S.T. (Modern history's slave trade) has done nothing more than damage blacks through out the "west". I'll tell you that the Caribbean was the breaking of American slaves, and also the French and Spaniards particpated in slavery (i.e. Haiti), thus explaining why the Haitians are in so much poverty, because as they gained their independence and Napoleon couldn't reconquer the country, they were then forced to give reparations to the French, who had just gained their independence, thus rendering them in debt for over 200 years.

Which ties into what the OP is talking about, Africans worldwide need this. Not because of their skin color but because of Caste-Systems in the east, Apartheid all across Africa, Slavery and subsequent racist laws in N. America, with the similarity between them all across the globe and in other regions which I didn't mention. You also have media (probably the most detrimental) effecting the psyche of Africans across the globe. It's a real solution, that deals with the real psychological effects that we're faced with even today. Were all connected culturally and spiritually to Africa, even here in America, its just that we're more further from home mentally.

Old 01-29-2013, 02:12 PM

4,761 posts, read 14,222,509 times
I am white and once attended a "cultural sensitivity training seminar". This was geared more toward the workplace and management, but would be a good thing for anyone dealing with various cultures to attend.

This seminar was eye opening to say the least. A manager can walk into work, walk by the workers and not say a word, and by doing so, TOTALLY tick them off! That is not acceptable with some cultures.

Or you could be sitting with the bottom of your foot pointing at someone of another culture and tick that person off! (Legs crossed or propped up on a table.)

So far as counseling, a person of another culture could explain [to the counselor] they are ticked at their boss or another person because he walked by without saying a word or pointed the bottom of his foot at them. If the counselor is not aware of differences in various cultures, then I imagine that could lead to a not so good session!

Anyway yes various cultures do have differences.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
This is one of the main reasons why I say whites should not participate in this field, their arrogance leads them to believe that they know more about black people more than black people. To directly refute what this man above is saying, first I will say 1) you can't even tell me or any other African the native culture, language, political structure or anything of Africans worldwide before we were colonized. We, Africans in the west are definitely a colonized people, so are the Africans of the homeland and we are ALL colonized by the same people, the European. We are all under the same system of white supremacy, whether overt or covert. 2) You can't an African anything about their psychological nature or the context of the psyches even.

African people in this forum the teachings of Freud, Jung and other "fathers" of psychology should not be ignored, however these people gives us no basis to our own psyche and should only be used to better understand the field. I am not speaking only of clinical psychology, social psychology and the various branches should all be re-evaluated to better suited the people of the African Holocaust, this is one thing among others we can do to free ourselves from the bondage of this system, and revert back to our true self in nature.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:26 PM

18,804 posts, read 27,246,954 times
Racism is racism. Should it be white racism towards blacks, or black racism towards whites. And their both racism towards Asians, and all three racism towards say Latinos, and so on.
I can only say, that there are not any "Africans", outside those that came here on the last African wave of immigration, in the USA. You have black, dark, light Americans of negroid race, or phenotype, with same culture and upbringing, as white, whiter, etc, Americans. Few of those that celebrate Quanza do not automatically become Africans. I know white kid that has a stunning Afro hair, does not make him African. Makes him chick magnet, that it does.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Racism is racism. Should it be white racism towards blacks, or black racism towards whites. And their both racism towards Asians, and all three racism towards say Latinos, and so on.
I can only say, that there are not any "Africans", outside those that came here on the last African wave of immigration, in the USA. You have black, dark, light Americans of negroid race, or phenotype, with same culture and upbringing, as white, whiter, etc, Americans. Few of those that celebrate Quanza do not automatically become Africans. I know white kid that has a stunning Afro hair, does not make him African. Makes him chick magnet, that it does.
Give me an example of racism against whites and you'll see why your argument is flawed

Old 01-29-2013, 05:25 PM

2,538 posts, read 4,694,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perception View Post
Give me an example of racism against whites and you'll see why your argument is flawed
Well, you would be one example, you racist troll.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:12 PM

I'm not a racist, I do not feel whites are inferior to blacks however the system that is imposed and maintained by whites is a systematic Holocaust to African people of the world. I do not say any of this to inflame any attitudes, just speaking on what I've observed and experienced, so neither am I troll. Do not blame me if many people are offended for no reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology