Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 09:00 PM

132 posts, read 188,448 times

Advertisements

Well I for one certainly prefer a natural look but won't complain if a woman wears make up that fits her. The last few women I've dated and the woman I married didn't wear make up too often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 10:25 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,667,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
How many women over the age of 15 actually wear purple lipstick?

And you speak for "most women" do you? I don't know many woman who think this. I certainly don't and neither do most of the women I know.

It may have been maroon. The woman I saw was a teacher, probably in her late 30s. She had a Goth look with heavy eye makeup.

Regarding "Most women think that if a little makeup is good, more must be better." My apologies, I meant to say many, not most.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:32 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leerabian View Post
why do many women succumb to the temtpations of men to wear makeuo and 'put on a fake mask'?
That's what some men want. But there are plenty of women around who don't "succumb", or have any interest at all in makeup.

Old 02-14-2013, 05:28 AM

43,668 posts, read 44,406,521 times
Personally I have no interest in makeup and only wear it occasionally in order to fit in social situations.

Old 02-14-2013, 05:34 AM

147 posts, read 284,936 times
LOL - Newsflash! Most women are not dolling themselves up with make-up to impress men, generally it's to make themselves feel better around other women and to make themselves feel good about themselves. Just because a women wears makeup doesn't equate to her being insecure. Most women start wearing make up from an early teenage age and they just get used to it. If men did the same, they too would wear make up in their 20's, 30's, 40's and 50's plus...

Old 02-14-2013, 05:46 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,545,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leerabian View Post
why do many women succumb to the temtpations of men to wear makeuo and 'put on a fake mask'?
I don't believe that there is a woman in America (and probably the world) that doesn't have some insecurities about their looks. Their insecurities can be unfounded in other people's eyes, but it still doesn't stop them from feeling that way about themselves.

Old 02-14-2013, 05:55 AM

147 posts, read 284,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
I don't believe that there is a woman in America (and probably the world) that doesn't have some insecurities about their looks. Their insecurities can be unfounded in other people's eyes, but it still doesn't stop them from feeling that way about themselves.
I agree... all women and men, have insecurities about their looks, no matter where they are situated on this planet, be them young or old, or of any race..

Old 02-14-2013, 08:07 AM

96 posts, read 112,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olliesyd View Post
I agree... all women and men, have insecurities about their looks, no matter where they are situated on this planet, be them young or old, or of any race..
That is an utter lie...You don't know all women and men.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:17 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
I don't wear makeup for men. I wear it for ME. I like the way it looks and the polished effect it gives. Very, very few women over the age of 25 look "great" without it.
I am sad to see young women covering up their youthful skin with foundation. And too many women go overboard with shaping their eyebrows.

Also, many women look OLDER with makeup on. And I do think that use of eye liner and eye shadow adds wrinkles to that area later on, because of the daily application and removal of those products. The skin is very thin and delicate there.

At 54, many think that I look in my 30's, and it's in part because I have never worn makeup. I've never shaped my eyebrows either. I've always been comfortable with myself.

Old 02-15-2013, 06:23 AM

142 posts, read 205,868 times
For me it's because when I go around without makeup, people will tell me to put some on. Maybe my life might have been better if I could have been taller, prettier, smarter, and thinner? I don't know. One thing I can say though is that no one gets ahead in life on inner beauty alone, and if you don't have much inner beauty, you'd better have some above average attractiveness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology